Hacking Help with Wiigator's cIOS installer.

Itsuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to install the cIOS, by pressing A, my Wii freezes, without any error message or anything. If I press B or any other button besides A, it just reboots, as normal. I did a lot of research, but I don't think anyone else is having a problem like me. What do I do?

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Itsuki said:
Whenever I try to install the cIOS, by pressing A, my Wii freezes, without any error message or anything. If I press B or any other button besides A, it just reboots, as normal. I did a lot of research, but I don't think anyone else is having a problem like me. What do I do?
Have you updated your WII recently, and with that I mean can you now access the Shop Channel (without installing a workaround)? If so, did you have a cIOS already installed (a previous one)? If so, then the problem is most likely with your internet connection. The installer requires internet to download IOS36 to patch. You can also put the IOS36 files on the SD card yourself, and then you don't need internet anymore. Check WiiGator's blog post about 0.3gamma for the files you need to put where on your SD card.
If you have updated (can access Shop Channel) and you don't have a previous cIOS installed, you have to follow the okt. 23 workaround by a_running-pir8. Look for it in Djtaz's signature or a stickied topic somewhere in this forum.

Itsuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lafie said:
Itsuki said:
Have you updated your WII recently, and with that I mean can you now access the Shop Channel (without installing a workaround)? If so, did you have a cIOS already installed (a previous one)? If so, then the problem is most likely with your internet connection. The installer requires internet to download IOS36 to patch. You can also put the IOS36 files on the SD card yourself, and then you don't need internet anymore. Check WiiGator's blog post about 0.3gamma for the files you need to put where on your SD card.
If you have updated (can access Shop Channel) and you don't have a previous cIOS installed, you have to follow the okt. 23 workaround by a_running-pir8. Look for it in Djtaz's signature or a stickied topic somewhere in this forum.
I haven't updated at all, I'm still on 3.2U, but I'll try what you said anyways. Thanks
biggrin.gif

deshwasi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Itsuki, i was having similar problems last nite on one of my wii's. seemed like it was due to trouble downloading the online files and/or my SD card . i tried a bunch of times and it eventually went thru with a diff SD card. so just keep trying.

Itsuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brawler said:
and if it wont load:you have ngc memerycrads in your wii or usb g
yaypsp.gif
ecko
OMG THANKS! It worked, and you saved my ass! The Memory card was the problem, thanks SO much.

vertex67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, i tried taking out the memory cards and using different SD cards, every time i press A, when choosing the ios, my wiiremote disconnects and wont reconnect. The music keeps playing, but its just stuck there and I have to hold down the power button... any help?

vertex67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes Im on 4.2U (should have mentioned that), i didnt delete anything, I rarely use the HBC because I have a chip and can load from disc channel, but I recently installed some IOS to let me install wads on 4.2
maybe I should look into this 'title deleter'? will i still be able to install wads with wad manager?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
when u use wad manager, what IOS do u select. If u do not have the cios installed, i assume u are not using ios249... so ur probably using ios36????

u recently installed some ios? which 1? this thread is discussing wanin's cios 249. Do u mean u recently ATTEMPTED to install ios 249?

if u never ran the cios installer successfully, then u will either have no ios249, or a stub ios249. If u delete a stub ios u will not change ur system whatsoever. Deleting this stub ios will allow u to install the custom ios via wanin's installer

long story short, delete ios249 with any title deleter. This ios is not used by the system menu, so deleting it cannot brick u. If u go around deleting other things, u can brick, so be careful. After deleting this ios, install the cios. Now ur all good, and can use ios249 in any app that is capable of using it.

vertex67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the reply xflak, I think my problem may be rooted deeper than I thought. My wii essentially freezes whenever I try to access an IOS (btw i do have 249 stub). By access I mean in wad manager it asks which IOS to use and press A to continue, no matter which IOS I select my wiiremote disconnects and the wii freezes. I downloaded and ran Any Title Deleter, but I was bombarded with a hoard of error messages within the program. Literally every test it made gave me an error, and after trying to delete ios249 I got an error and it wasnt deleted.

EDIT: now that I think about it, I dont think I have a stub 249, I updated to 4.2 with zekor's safe firmware updater, and it says in the description that it does not stub any IOSes
this would mean that I SHOULD be able to start Neogamma doesnt it?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
okay, its starting to sound like you haven't done any homework whatsoever.

Did u use the trucha bug restorer?

Zektor's safe updator will not stub your ios's, but it wont "update" any stubs either. So if u had a ios249 stub before updating, u will still have the stub after updating.

if u never installed the cios, and ios249 is an option in wad manager, then it is a stub for sure 100%.

U need to use trucha bug restorer 1.1 (if ur on 4.2, otherwise use 1.0) to restore the trucha bug in ios36. Then u can use any title deleter to delete IOS249 stub (try any title deleter DB, or any title deleter MOD, if it asks what IOS to use, use IOS36). Then u can install wanin's cios 249.

more details on how to do all this can be found in xzxero's stickied guide ("Modify any wii 4.2 and below").

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: