Hacking Help with wad editing

  • Thread starter Thread starter BlindDude
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 858
  • Replies Replies 2

BlindDude

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2008
Messages
358
Reaction score
1
Trophies
1
XP
180
Country
United States
I would like to take some of these usbloader channel wads I made with a wbfs manager and take the sound out of them and put in my childrens voices saying the name of the game or something cute..

My moms bday is coming up and I bought her an external hdd and I am going to mod her wii (some more) so usbloader will work and she can rip her games. I have a loader all picked out with a cool personal background for her, and a fowarder channel but found that she will prolly like these usbloader game channels the best.. Being she doesnt have many game,, nor wants many...

So can someone that is familiar with minipulating wads tell me what programs i need to replace the sounds in the game channel wads? I can make sounds in any format so that part I dont need help with,, Just gettting them into the wads.

Thanks alot.. and FLAME ON!
 
I found this in a search.. The topic is editing homebrew banner, but thie talks about wads..

should I try this method?

QUOTE said:
Editing the sound.bin for Custom Sounds at Channel Entrance (NEW!)

1. Find the sound that you want, all audio files are supported.

2. Open audacity.exe, press ctl+o and load your sound file.

3. Cut out a sound portion that is just under 10 seconds long.

4. Click "file" and select "Export as WAV..." name the file anything and save it to the "tools" folder. Close Audacity.

5. Right click the .WAV you just created and rename it to "sound.bin". Make sure the extension changed and not just the file name.

6. Open MD5Sig.exe and point it towards the sound.bin you created.

7. Repack the 00000000.app with the new sound.bin. (You must use the u8packer included in the new pack of tools.)

8. Install with wad manager.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted