Help with using a new microSD card on new3DS XL

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MarkHighwind, Jan 23, 2016.

1. MarkHighwind
    OP

MarkHighwind Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    Hi, today I managed to dump both sysNAND and emuNAND, and back up both of them on my computer along with the contents of the card, after that the microSD started acting strange and is not working properly, I'm trying to use both 3DS multi emuNAND creator (no option to inject emuNAND because it's a new 3DS) and also tried emuNAND tool (when I press "inject NAND to emuNAND" it says "no emuNAND SD detected"). Can I just re-dump sysNAND and emuNAND and recreate the partition via N3DS on the new card?

Thanks for your help.

2. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    Have you created a NEW Emunand to the new sd card? its like the number 1 thing about switching sd cards with emunand, simply make a new emunand a restore your backup

3. MarkHighwind
    OP

MarkHighwind Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    Ok, do I just use emuNAND9 and use the "complete emuNAND" setup option? Do I even need to use the previously backed up emuNAND after that?

4. MarkHighwind
    OP

MarkHighwind Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    Like I said, this is a fresh downgrade, I have no homebrew or anything installed, can I just back up the sysNAND and emuNAND again and go from there?