Hacking Help with USB Loaders -Black Screen when loading any game.

MachineTornader

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all. I have an issue that has perplexed me for days at an end and I finally decided to ask you, the good people of this forum, for help with the matter.

I have updated my Wii (sadly, by Nintendo update), and then reinstalled HBC via Bannerbomb. As a matter of fact, I followed the guide found in the following link to the letter http://adewii.wordpress.com/2009/10/17/how...d-or-usb-drive/ . Additionally, when I was done with the guide, I also installed Waninkoko's cIOS 249 rev15.

After being done with the guide, I have been able to run my backups on DVD with uLoader with no problem at all (using Hermes' cIOs 222 v4). However, I recently got a Kingston DataTraveler 101 Pen Drive with 16GB of capacity (pictured in the following link http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-DataTravele...pd_bxgy_e_img_c exactly the same model, down to the color and all) with the sole purpose of running backups from it. I also followed the instructions in the guide of the link above. I tried to run Kamen Rider Dragon Knight (crappy americanization of a great show, but the game is good nonetheless), and all I got was a black screen, with the Wiimote's status light powering down. Burning the same .iso into a DVD-R and running it with uLoader let the game run without a hitch.

Since then, I've tried reformatting the drive with WBFS Manager and reinserting the game, no luck. I also dumped one of my games (Cursed Mountain) into the DataTraveler, and it seems the .iso was dumped just fine. However, upon trying to play it in uLoader, yup, you guessed it, black screen.

I tried using other USB Loaders, namely Configurable USB Loader and USBLoaderGX. Configurable just gave me more black screens, GX had the decency of giving me Errors 001 and 002 (when the 002 fix is off) with cIOS 222 and 249rev15. 223 just gives me a black screen.

I downgraded cIOS249 rev15 to rev14, having heard that rev15 had some sort of 001 Error issue. With 002 Protection off in USBLoader GX, it gave me error 002, and when I turned on the 002 Fix....yes, a black screen again.

Anyways, I have no idea what to try now. I'm really hoping that my USB Drive is not uncompatible with the Wii (it's not listed on the compatibility Matrix, at least not the exact model...those of other DataTraveler lines seem to be quite compatible, though), as it was quite expensive and I got it with the sole purpose of running backups (and I have no way of getting my money back). I hope that the fact that it is accessible by the Wii mean it's compatible, and that there's something I can still try before crying up to the skies "This is all Decade's fault!" (a cookie to all of you who get the reference).

Anyways...thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas? Anything I should try? Anybody with a DataTraveler 101 16GB that can prove whether it's compatible with the Wii or not? Any and all help in the matter is appreciated, and I extend my many thanks to you, good people, who will invest some of your time in order to help a fellow in need of your superior knowledge and information.

And so, I bid you thanks again, and hope for your replies.

MachineTornader

MachineTornader

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Update: After installing the cIOS for MPlayerCE and after testing MPlayer CE (and of course, formatting back to FAT32), imagine my surprise when I discover that my USB is compatible with it, allowing me to watch videos directly from the Flash Drive. Could this be a sign that the USB drive is indeed compatible with the Wii? I sure hope so.

jstevenson72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this doesn't help, but for about $10-$20 more you can buy a USB Hard Drive.

I just bought a 1TB WD Elements drive, and loaded 400 Games onto it to use with Cfg Loader. And the drive only cost $60 at Target...

Off topic I know, but for a $40 USB stick, it seems like a lot of trouble for little reward.

Good Luck though,

Jason

MachineTornader

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your suggestion bro. However, I don't live in USA, and over here USB HDDs are....well, for 1TB it would go around 250 bucks. Not to mention I managed to get this Flash Drive for 25 dollars new at a small store, which seemed like a sweet deal to me.

I'm starting to think that this drive just corrupts pretty much a lot of what's inserted to it, as now I'm inserting videos into it, and I have ogtten a bunch of corrupted Read-only files while doing so (the videos work though)

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jstevenson72 said:
I know this doesn't help, but for about $10-$20 more you can buy a USB Hard Drive.

I just bought a 1TB WD Elements drive, and loaded 400 Games onto it to use with Cfg Loader. And the drive only cost $60 at Target...

Off topic I know, but for a $40 USB stick, it seems like a lot of trouble for little reward.

Good Luck though,

Jason

Thief.

whatup777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@jstevenson72

Woah $60
Um was this on like black friday or a normal day. (Me and my dad need 1)
Also did you buy at online or at a store? I assume no gift cards.
Thanks for the info (Really thanks)
(hope it was normal)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up