Hacking Help With Truchabug Restorer

Nilxchaos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, thanks everyone here for hosting great files and providing advice.

Can anyone help me with this? I followed the instructions from
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrd3oq8hPc
and when I got to about 2:15, while installing the patched IOS36, I got an "Exception DSI Occurred!" followed by a bunch of random numbers and letters, then a "STACK DUMP" with random numbers and letters, and finally "CODE DUMP" followed by the same things.

So i freaked out for a few minutes and my Dad told me to press the reset button, which game me a RELOAD under all that and then it went back to the Homebrew Channel. After that I went to the System Menu (phew it works), and my Dad told me to play a game, just to check.

I then retried the Trucha Bug Restorer on the last step i was on, and it gave me a -2011 error followed by something else.
I have tried to install cIOS38 rev14 before, if that helps, but I believe I "installed it" (it failed) to IOS35.

I'm scared to turn off the Wii and am probably going to be forced to keep it on overnight.

Running 4.0(no clue what version) and have NO BootMii or NAND backups. (My tutorial said to stay away from BootMii.)

Any help? Can i turn it off knowing it'll turn back on properly? Thanks.

tommitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
first things first dude. do you the hombrew channel installed?

if so, use it to install bootmii quick smart.

i dont know what kind of guide tells you to stay away from something that can prevent you from getting a bricked wii

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
mmmm i dont even no why your following guides from youtube theres plenty here and more reliable than some random dude on youtube and if the guys say dont install bootmii then you deserve a brick for using the guide in the first place without reading up on things first and you used the TP hack thats old dude

Nilxchaos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I'm sorry if I want a video to help me through the menus and everything, I find it more helpful than a stream of words. And I realize that bootmii would have been a good idea. I just used the wrong source.
Second, I did not use the Twilight Princess hack. Note the last sentence on the first post, VERSION 4.0. Which means I can't use the TP hack.
Third, I don't think that any person should "deserve" a brick. People make mistakes. At least I didn't use excessive (any actually) "l33t speek" or "Hep me now!1!!!1!!!" I tried to be courteous.
Finally, I believe I was using one of GBAtemp's guides for the Trucha Bug Restorer, and it linked to a video showing how to do it. And if it wasn't GBAtemp, it was another well-known and trusted forum. So I didn't just use some random person's video for that. The error just popped up.

Nilxchaos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. I have some (hopefully minor) questions though. First, what do you mean by "rad word fpr word"? And that I don't have a vulnerable IOS, when the Restorer gave me that error?

Second, do I need to do some of the steps I already completed? Like:

"Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Press B to choose No IOS Reload
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it
Go to Downgrade IOS15
Press A to downgrade.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD", press right twice to make it say "load IOS from NUS" then press A."

or can I just skip that?

Third, my memory card doesn't have enough space for the 700mb NAND backup, its only a 512mb micro-to-SD card. Can i just copy it to another SD card? One that already has stuff on it?
I ask that because I know that on the PS2, Free MCBoot is tied to the specific memory card, so you can't just copy everything over to another memory card and expect it to work. Is it the same with this exploit?

Third, do you think I can shut down my Wii and it will turn back on? It's been on for 17ish hours. Because I don't want to have to get to this step:

"Install Bootmii as an IOS and Boot2 [if possible]"

then restart my Wii, just to have the system menu not boot up.

Finally, this morning I downloaded the IOS SanityCheck from the Homebrew Browser and ran it. It told me (among other things)

IOS number - "Trucha bug"
IOS36 (ver 3094) Enabled
&
IOS15 (ver 257) Enabled

Am I crazy, or did I pretty much do what the Restorer wanted me to do? I don't think so, because it also said I'm supposed to restore the IOS15 file from IOS36 from over the internet, if the guide you gave is correct, which I see no reason why it wouldn't be.

Sorry for the long-ness of this post. Hopefully they can all be answered with little words. Thank you for providing that link.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou