Gaming Help with syncing Wiimote

vegemikee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey folks, so I modded a friend's Wii and set it to autoboot to the CFG loader as well as reset to the CFG loader after each reboot for convenience. Now they have their Wii back, their Wiimote has apparently been unsynced (possibly because I synced my Wiimote to it in order to mod it in the first place) and now they are stuck in the CFG Loader menu, unable to navigate anything. They've tried booting into Priiloader and syncing there but no luck at all. Is there any way for them to get into the Wii menu or at least sync the Wiimote without having to buy a GC controlller?

vegemikee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think you quite understand the issue here.
Their Wii is stuck in the CFG Loader menu because I've set it to autoboot and reset into it via Priiloader. The Wii can't boot into the Wii Menu because of that and now I'm asking if there's any way for them to sync their Wiimotes without having to go out and buy a GC controller to navigate Priiloader and change the settings so that it'll boot into the Wii Menu instead.

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think you should be able to sync your wii remotes with the button next to the SD slot, even in the CFG loader.
though I am possibly wrong. I haven't synced any wiimotes in months :P

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
So.... change priiloader to start SM instead of CFG then?
You wouldn't even have to do that much. Just load the SM one time (hold RESET at boot up, then choose System Menu), sync the remotes, and reset your Wii.

Oh ye, priiloader got that option too. Forgot about that :P (not so strange though since Ive only been in priiloader like 3 times lol)

vegemikee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh boy.
Ok, in case I haven't explained properly...

I'm unable to navigate through Priiloader because no Wiimotes are sycned to the Wii.
I'm unable to sync the Wiimotes because the Wii has been set to autoboot and reset into CFG
I'm asking if there is any way for me to sync the Wiimotes without having to use a GC controller to navigate the Priiloader menu and access the System Menu because they don't have a GC controller

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy.

I'm unable to navigate through Priiloader because no Wiimotes are sycned to the Wii.
I'm unable to sync the Wiimotes because the Wii has been set to autoboot and reset into CFG
I'm asking if there is any way for me to sync the Wiimotes without having to use a GC controller to navigate the Priiloader menu and access the System Menu because they don't have a GC controller
Give me a moment and I'll make you an app that should load the System Menu. I'll post instructions too.

Edit:
1) Download http://www.mediafire.com/?bsbrooqu7vpl2u9 and name it to whatever your current auto-boot file is
2) Replace your current auto-boot file with this one
3) Start up your Wii. It should reset, then load the System Menu.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy.

haha just so you don't feel stupid, I read your question properly the first time and the first 3 times you repeated your self.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Instructions posted.
Unfortunately I can't do that because I've installed the boot.dol via Priiloader and even without an SD card, it'll autoboot. I was dumb enough to install an actual application and not a forwarder. Thanks though
Are you sure about that? Even if I install a file, I still need the SD/USB.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why people couldn't understand the OP's question, half of the responses here were half assed unthought out responses.

Find someone with a gamecube remote, I have been stuck in the same situation, the protocols to sync wii remotes are not built anywhere but the system menu and whatever games run. If they have a wii without gamecube ports and it's not loading the boot.dol from an SD or USB, then you are pretty much hosed.

vegemikee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Instructions posted.
Unfortunately I can't do that because I've installed the boot.dol via Priiloader and even without an SD card, it'll autoboot. I was dumb enough to install an actual application and not a forwarder. Thanks though
I'm positive. We tried booting the Wii up without the SD plugged in and it booted straight into CFG. If it was a forwarder that was installed, then I could've easily changed the boot.dol.
I don't understand why people couldn't understand the OP's question, half of the responses here were half assed unthought out responses.

Find someone with a gamecube remote, I have been stuck in the same situation, the protocols to sync wii remotes are not built anywhere but the system menu and whatever games run. If they have a wii without gamecube ports and it's not loading the boot.dol from an SD or USB, then you are pretty much hosed.
So the only option is via GC controller? It's an option for us, but an inconvenient one at that. Thanks though. I'll think before I install .dols via Priiloader next time :P

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Instructions posted.
I'm positive. We tried booting the Wii up without the SD plugged in and it booted straight into CFG. If it was a forwarder that was installed, then I could've easily changed the boot.dol.
What about your HDD though?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Argghh, I had edited my post but I guess it didn't save. I meant to add in, follow Joostin's post first because pretty soon people will start having wii's without gamecube ports then they are pretty much stuck if we can't get this to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them