I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My friend wants to DL a game that I downloaded, but he's having problems with it.
I'd figure that I'd compress my files (into .RAR) and turn that into a torrent.

I have uTorrent so I create it, but I believe I need a tracker to be able to seed it.

But I don't know anything about trackers and how to get one so that I can seed directly to my friend.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks!

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There are loads of public trackers out there that are free to use. The Pirate Bay has one, just simply google and you'll find something. I'd post some links but some of those trackers could have questionable content.
ohmy.gif

Have you considered using FTP to send files if it's just to one person?

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Edhel said:
There are loads of public trackers out there that are free to use. The Pirate Bay has one, just simply google and you'll find something. I'd post some links but some of those trackers could have questionable content.
ohmy.gif

Have you considered using FTP to send files if it's just to one person?

But how would you set up trackers or FTP in uTorrent?
TPB has lots of trackers. xD

...for now. ):

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Would not be easier to send the RAR via a messenger (Windows Live Messenger)? You should not use P2P (torrent, edonkey) to send file to just 1 person, there are easier ways.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
logical thinker said:
Would not be easier to send the RAR via a messenger (Windows Live Messenger)? You should not use P2P (torrent, edonkey) to send file to just 1 person, there are easier ways.

Sending a 1.66GB file at 40kb/s over MSN didn't go so well. xD

I did however, manage to seed it to him through utorrent. Just found a bunch of random trackers, and directly seeded it to him. But cuz of my sucky upload speed it was capped at 80kb/s. T.T

Ah well, thanks for the help guys. ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay