ROM Hack Help with Save Files

sparkes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old Pokemon X save file I want to load onto my game. I've tried putting it in the path D:Nintendo 3DS/ID1/ID2/title/00040000/00055d00/data where Pokemon X save files are usually stored but when I launch my game it launches as if I would be starting a new save file (it asks me to select a language and to begin a game. Then it starts the usual "Welcome to the world of Pokemon" intro sequence)

How would I load this save file?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When adding back the Pokemon X save file,
  • sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/title/00040000/00055d00/data/00000001.sav
  • nintendo-3ds_id0_id1-png.200067
, you can't restore items by placing them under a different <ID0> parent folder due or else the console unique encryption will no longer match.

If that 00000001.sav was originally created in <ID0>, it has to stay in that exact <ID0>.

:!: Reinstalling a game CIA
(TitleID: 00040000XXXXXXXX) that has already been installed will permanently overwrite and delete its savedata (00000001.sav). To successfully restore the backed up save file, copy and paste that *.sav after it has been installed.

If the save file was from a .3DS version of the game played on a Gateway 3DS or Sky3DS+ flashcart, the above restoration techniques will not work because the saves are the same .SAV formats. You'll have to use Checkpoint or JKSM along with the 3DS flashcart when backing up or extracting that savedata.

Lastly, some games have a anti-savegame restore measure known as Secure Value. Directly copying and pasting an old copy of the 00000001.sav will trigger this anti-cheating mechanism. See how to bypass or reset this in this thread.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe the Amiga or ST version is nice....