Hacking Help with r4i gold v1.4.1

AmitashRamesh

OP
Trophies
XP
Hi, I just got a brand new 3ds and an r4i gold v1.4.1 card.. I downloaded the latest kernel for the flash card:

Wood R4i v1.43

However, after I installed the patch and used the card on my 3ds, it detects the card as: 'Spongebob THQ' and after I open it, it says "An error occured, press the power button to reboot" and simply hangs there.. Can anyone tell me how I can get the r4 card to work? Thank you..

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some easy troubleshooting includes:

- Can you run it on a normal DS Phat or DS Lite? (important: If you are able to then it is probably easily fixable through that)
- Did you turn off the power of the 3DS when updating this R4 card?

As tranfeer said though, it's important to tell the website name on the sticker of your card...usually the troubleshooting tips above will help regardless of the cart but it would be easier knowing the website name printed on the R4.

deathservent1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version is you're 3ds system because i just bought a new 3ds yesterday for my girl and was going to take the opportunity to update my 2 flashcarts that were blocked by the newest updates, but sadly my r4i was blocked on the new 3ds because they now are sold with v 2.0.04 or whatever it is,. the last update right before the video recording. you need an original ds or ds lite to "update the flash cart's "brain"

elisherer

I ♥ 3DS
Trophies
Website
www.sherer.co.il
XP
Country
Iceland
The answer is simple:

Wood R4i v1.43 is not the kernel! (it's an OS)

A kernel is a bin file which is updated through running the update program from the OS.
If you got the message you said you've got then you are already blocked.
The only option you've got is to update the cart through older 3DS/DS or to buy a new one...
(Assuming the cart you bought is updatable, not all are)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of... +1