Help with R4i 3DS V5.0

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by paopufruit123, May 23, 2014.

1. paopufruit123
    OP

paopufruit123 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 23, 2014
    United States
    I need help with getting this flashcart to work. It was working well for awhile, but then it stopped working on the 3DS. I then resorted to playing on the DS/DSI which worked for a bit, but then it wouldn't play any games.

Then I heard all this talk about Wood R4 and tried to install it, but no go, it simply doesn't work, or I installed it wrong/used the wrong firmware. Eventually I decided to do a clean format of the SD card with the SD formatter tool from Panasonic, then I put my games back in, and then installed R4i-3DS V1.79b, which I got from their website. Menu worked and everything, but as soon as I start playing game it gives the error "save file not founded (yes, it said exactly that typo :P)".

Now I'm at a loss.If anyone knows how to fix the error, I'd be grateful for any help :)

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    protip, provide website printed on the flascard or from his box so you can have more changes of being helped

also 3ds firmware version would help

3. paopufruit123
    OP

paopufruit123 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 23, 2014
    United States
  4. Krakatau

Krakatau Nintendo 3DS XL

Nov 10, 2012
    Belgium
    First of all, install the NEWEST firmware. If the error keeps on popping up, perhaps try using a save file that can be downloaded on internet? And if it's really necessarily I can also provide empty save files for certain games. :)

5. paopufruit123
    OP

paopufruit123 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 23, 2014
    United States
    I used http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp (version 1.79b) Shouldn't that be the latest firmware?

I don't think the save files are the problem. I've tried a bunch of random ones from different games (that has worked in the past and haven't been touched) and they all yield the same error.