Help with PS2 fat & Slim

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by JackyX, Jun 14, 2009.

Jun 14, 2009

Help with PS2 fat & Slim by JackyX at 11:09 PM (1,751 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. JackyX
    OP

Newcomer JackyX Newbie

Egypt
    Hello,
    I really need your help, I had gone through hundreds of pages, software and so many trials and wasted hours but finally I gave up! This shitty PS2 [​IMG] is so damn hard to get it work, I did the Wii in 3 hours! [​IMG]

Fat PS:
    Anyways, I h ave a fat PS2 Model SCPH-30004 R - PAL, I had installed a WD1200 120GB Internal IDE HDD after modifying it, strap it as Master (The model is working as per a lot of users), tried 10 CD's and DVD's with different versions of HD Advance 2.0 and 3.0 and HDL 7, 8B, etc. and no use, PS2 sometimes says insert a valid PS or PS2 disk or stays on black screen forever! What is the issue here? I can't boot any of these CD's or DVD's? Do I need to press any key (s)?

It is moded as I can load backups, but god knows the type (China)?

Slim PS2
    Another shitty PS2 SCPH-90004 - PAL, Moded "Sumo Lite", can't also get it work with any USB, I tried WD Passport 160, 250 and 500 GB with USB Extreme/Advance, but also does not boot at all with USB Advance or Advance Patched!! Stays on Back screen forever! [​IMG]

Can some one help me get any of these damn machine works?

Cheers,
    Jack

2. roguetrip

Member roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

United States
  3. JackyX
    OP

Newcomer JackyX Newbie

Egypt
    The type installed reports working from many users, I have multiple issues I guess, the PS users experience is not as strong or clear as Wii for instance!

4. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    I suggest you installing Free MCboot & uLaunch Elf instead and getting elf versions of HDLoader and such
    the programs will boot right up form the PS2 main menu

5. JackyX
    OP

Newcomer JackyX Newbie

Egypt
    Hello Joe88 and others

Still can't get any thing done with both FAT and SLIM [​IMG]. But here is an update:

FAT PS:
    I had installed FreeMC boot v1.8 and I used every single HDL available including the one comes with FMCB. I end up with the same problem, any game I install doesn't appear on the game list, tried 15 different games, I can see the drive showing less GB on the size but can't get anything listed ? Tried HDloader Original, 7, 8, 24-bit and 48-bit, nothing works! Games installed on PC also doesn't show on PS, is this an HDD related?

Slim PS:
    Mine is moded with Matrix Infinity Clone chip, I had installed uLaunch Elf when pressing L1, works fine, but I never ever managed to boat USB Advance or USB Extreme of any version! Other ELF files works like uLaunch and SMS even HDL loader but not Advance/Extreme? Why specifically those ELF won't launch?

I can really use some serious help.

Cheers,
    Jack