Hacking Help with picking a 3ds Flashcart

kaylapuppy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 3ds XL and unfortunately it updated to 11.6.0. I really want to get custom firmware on it, but I'm not sure which flashcart to get. I don't have another unit, so I think flashcart is my only option.
Once the unit is flashed to the custom firmware, do I need to boot from the flashcart or keep it in the unit all the times , or can I put it aside and boot from cfw ?
Also will the custom firmware let me install emulators and run 3ds or ds roms ?

I just wanna get the right card that will let me flash the custom firmware, with out all the extra bells and whistles. I'm looking at the R4i Gold 3DS Plus. Will this work, or is it overkill for what I need ?

Once I get the card I will follow the guides at 3ds.guide.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3ds XL and unfortunately it updated to 11.6.0. I really want to get custom firmware on it, but I'm not sure which flashcart to get. I don't have another unit, so I think flashcart is my only option.
Once the unit is flashed to the custom firmware, do I need to boot from the flashcart or keep it in the unit all the times , or can I put it aside and boot from cfw ?
Also will the custom firmware let me install emulators and run 3ds or ds roms ?

I just wanna get the right card that will let me flash the custom firmware, with out all the extra bells and whistles. I'm looking at the R4i Gold 3DS Plus. Will this work, or is it overkill for what I need ?

Once I get the card I will follow the guides at 3ds.guide.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

There's a list of cards you can use at https://3ds.guide/ntrboot

You won't need the card after you install CFW. They all do the same job so get whichever is cheapest.
just make sure to read what it says about each cart because some only work before a certain firmware and some require a ds, ds lite, or dsi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s