Hacking Help with non-responsive recovery menu

toolfreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, i had a softmodded Wii (using the simplistic mod guide) that worked well for a while. One day i turned on my wii and all i had was a black screen. I was able to get into preloader, from there i got into wad manager and installed Ios7064v6687.wad, then Systemmenu-nus-v481.wad, and then the rest of the IOS that came along in the package to upgrade to 4.2u. (9,11,12,13...60,61). and now i only have the black screen...i can get into the recovery menu, but from there i cannot boot anything, not even original discs. Any ideas that could help? thanks a lot in advance.

toolfreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
what kind of brick could have had the wii that didn't got fixed by installing a systemmenu and all the necesary IOS for it to work? and also, the recovery menu says 4.2 USA...

TheNewbPleaser

Trophies
XP
Country
u got bootmii as boot2? well try inserting a disk on recovery menu well only if u get on a bottom screen 4.1 usa or w/e try that if dosnt work ur screwd man sorry send to ninty!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well you definitely don't have preloader/priiloader installed anymore because you overwrote it with the new system menu s it was already stated.
The only way to fix this is to use a savemii or the savemii free method along with a modchip and a Brick fixing disc (see my sig).

My personal suggestion to everyone is that in this day n age having just a softmod or just a hard mod is not going to be enough anymore it's better to have both.
I have been using my wiikey v1 along with softmod techniques to insure 100% Compatibility and super brick protection.

I do have a little suggestion on a fix. After you do what I described above you can get the brick fixing disc that boots hbc and use the cIOSCORPS uninstaller app (does not matter if you did not install cioscorps) it will install/overwirite your ios's with the correct ones from Nintendo in one fell swoop and maybe correct your problem. Not a guarantee though!! (ps: ure ios has to be trucha bugged though)

-kitt050383

[beaten to the punch]

toolfreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Like i wrote earlier, i accessed wad manager and re installed the systemmenu and all the IOS...and still didnt work...so i wonder what else could be wrong with the wii? i mean, all the other times i had trouble with a brick i fixed them by re installing the systemmenu and the IOS...

toolfreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hey...it turns out that the bluetooth module was disconnected from the wii motherboard. I conected it and the wii came back to life. Thanks a lot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol