Homebrew help with nes DS emulator for DS Lite

Zaehet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my first post, so please be gentle.

Ok dudes, i can't find anything about this at all, i was wondering if all you techies may have any info available for me, or at the least a link.

I have an R4i chip for my nintendo ds lite, I have the nes DS emulator running on it working perfectly.

I have every single nes game ever made on it.. but every time i go to save the game, when i shut the system down and turn it back on, the save file is deleted. The same thing happens when i "save state" the game. If i load the save state without shutting off my ds lite system, i can load the save state, but after i turn the system off and then back on the save state gets deleted for some reason. Can anyone help me please??

Thank you for your time, much appreciated.

Zaehet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 16 gigabyte mircro sd card that holds all of the files, and i have 8 gigabytes left to spare. But good thinking! Thanks for the reply Janthran.

Zaehet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I go to my NES folder in my sd card, i right click and click properties, uncheck read-only, apply changes to this folder subfolders and files. A loading screen comes up and says it is applying changes to all the game files and the folder. I click ok. I right clicked it again to see if anything changed and read only box is highlighted in green again. I tried two times, putting the sd card back into the r4i, back into the DS lite and it still wont store my in game or save state save files after i shut the DS off and turn it back on.

Do i need to check hidden or archive instead of read-only?

I just want to play star tropics for the nes so badly, but its such a long game there is no way i can leave my DS on for that long.

Zaehet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do i add an image here? It says i can only add it from URL.

Is there a way i can upload the pic onto this post without saving it on a website?

(I'm pretty sure i downloaded the latest verson of nesDS, but if you could provide me with a link to the best one i would really appreciate it man.

Thanks so much for everyones help, it means a lot.

Zaehet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, thank you so fuckin much! K, here we go.

The first pic is the folder as soon as i click on my SD card. You can see the nes folder i made.

w842zm.jpg

This is when i click on the nes folder.

nckp45.jpg

This is when i click on the nes folder, within the nes folder.

mcas2f.jpg

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
have you confirmed that nesds is actually writing to your msd card, by saving and then loading the save before shutting down?

i didn't see you mention this.

right now i think the issue is with the dldi file for your card and not nesds, the msd card, or the nes roms.

-another world

Zaehet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can save my game, and load the game if i re-load the rom without shutting off the DS. I can also re-load the rom and load state, and it will load right back up to where i save state'd the game.

If i shut my DS off and turn it on, all save files are erased.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
that doesn't make any sense. a save state is just a ram dump. the emu writes a file to your msd card. for that file to erase itself you would need to have msd corruption, a bad msd card, or issues with your flash kits kernel.

which flash kit are you using, what is the name of it? (R4i isn't helping much, there are so many R4 clones)

can you please install a few older builds of nesds to see if they work?

you may want to consider reformatting your card using the panasonic sd formatter.

you may also want to consider taking all of those nes files out of the folder they are in. perhaps it is an issue with to many files in one folder. i have about 800 nes files sorted into folders by genre, and i've never had a save issue. i've had it set up that way for every flash kit i've tested.

-another world

Zaehet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, thank you so much! After i try all of these things i will get back to you and let you know whats up. It means so much you taking the time to get on here and help a stranger out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1