Help with installing backups to HDD please.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by LowKee84, Dec 20, 2016.

1. LowKee84
    OP

LowKee84 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2016
    Hi again.

I recently softmodded my son's Wii U. It's black, so 32gb I think. Running 5.5.1.

I did the cold boot haxchi thing.

Currently been playing a backup of MK8 using loadiine. Which is great but found the save file is shared across all user profiles.

As I'm planning on backing up a fair amount of games, I'd like to install them onto HDD, I'm assuming this will make them easier to load, rather than going through HBL, loadiine, etc.

Are there any easy to follow guides available for this?

Thanks in advance.

2. steveja82

steveja82 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2014
    The Brazilian method guide contained within the wii u section in forums on this site.

3. LowKee84
    OP

LowKee84 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2016
    Coldboot haxchi is CFW, right?

4. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Yes it has its own internal cfw and can boot other cfws too.

5. DinckelMan

DinckelMan Your Favorite Water Mage!

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    Don't wanna create another thread for this so gonna ask it here.

I do have Haxchi but i do not yet have CBHC. I'd need to boot Haxchi and then Mocha/Frap every time to launch backups i've installed on my SD card with files from the uTikDownloadHelper, don't I?

6. Dungeonseeker

Dungeonseeker GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2016
    Not anymore no, Haxchi was updated yesterday and now has the ability to signature patch your system.

All you need to do is update Haxchi to the latest version, run it, your system menu will restart then your ready to play.

7. DinckelMan

DinckelMan Your Favorite Water Mage!

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    So I don't really get it.

For the 3DS, back in the days when people had emuNAND (before A9LH), you'd have to either use a boot manager to boot into your emuNAND CFW or run CFW on sysNAND, but you'd have to boot into something regardless (originally from HBL). Do I not need to do it here?

Sorry if I'm asking really stupid stuff, I've just got back into the WiiU scene and a lot of things are completely new to me

8. Dungeonseeker

Dungeonseeker GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2016
    Nope, with Haxchi you can boot your system, press Haxchi from system menu, system menu reboots, console is sig patched and ready to play all your unsigned titles.

DinckelMan likes this.
  9. LowKee84
    OP

LowKee84 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2016
    Hi,

I've gotten as far as step III. Prepare your SD card to install games onto your WiiU.

It says get your ticket file? Whats that? Where do I get it?

I downloaded a USB ready backup game, so do I still need to do that?