Help with illiterate people.

Moderate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today at lunch my girlfriend and I decided to goto McDonalds to get some food. We're poor, so we decided on buying one PLAIN McChicken, a small fry- and a large sweet tea.

We get back to work and this is what we see.

It's not fucking plain.

Big deal? No.

Point is this shit happens all the time. I've worked at places like this before, and i'll walk the more fortunate people that haven't worked at a fast food chain before through this process of getting your food in a drive through.

1. Pull up to the menu, pick something, it doesn't really matter, because it's all going to end up tasting like soy.

2. Scream your order into a box and on the recieving end hear some sort of white noise, assuming it's an order confirmation.

3. Drive around, while you drive around think of the people in the back 'cooking' whatever alteration of shit you happened to order. They usually have a 20'' monitor hanging up back there where the orders come. It's usually a black background and a bold white font. It's clear to read, and directly below an item, it has a specification for that particular item.

example.

1 LRG SWEET ICED TEA
2 4PC CHKN NGTS
NO SAUCE
1 MCCHICKEN
3 DBL CHSBGRS
NO LETTUCE

It wasn't even that busy there, how do you fucking miss PLAIN directly under the order. It happens all the time too.

So is there some special code that i'm unaware about when communicating with people at drive-throughs?

i'm stumped.

And no, fish do not fucking get thirsty, that's retarded.

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
honestly bro they are already pre made most of the time and just sitting in a heated place so even if you give the most complex order in the world they just pick up some random one and give it to you hoping you wont be coming back to say its wrong. Think about it if you ever had come back and said it was wrong it takes longer for them to give you the food because they either have to quickly make one like that or find one that has the things you wanted.

Moderate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skyman747 said:
This is why I don't eat at McDonalds. Not only did I miss a week of school because of french fries (seriously), they never get my order right. I eat at Jack-in-the-Box, Sonic, and In-and-out. Never have had any of those problems.
Unfortantley, there is no Jack-in-the-Box or In-and-Out here in north Florida, to be honest, i've never even heard of In-and-Out.

As far as Sonic goes, I don't really like their food but the drinks are amazing.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Moderate said:
p1ngpong said:
So the point of this topic is you didnt go large?

Are you kidding?

Are you kidding? Your bitching about McDonalds here for the love of GOD!

All Im saying is that if you want good service, pleasant helpful staff, tasty food, an enjoyable dining experience....

DONT go to a McDonalds drive through, if you dont have enough money for any place else, make some sandwiches and take them to work.

They will probably taste better, be more healthy for you and actually be what you want!

Get my drift bro?
yaypsp.gif

Moderate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
Moderate said:
p1ngpong said:
So the point of this topic is you didnt go large?

Are you kidding?

Are you kidding? Your bitching about McDonalds here for the love of GOD!

All Im saying is that if you want good service, pleasant helpful staff, tasty food, an enjoyable dining experience....

DONT go to a McDonalds drive through, if you dont have enough money for any place else, make some sandwiches and take them to work.

They will probably taste better, be more healthy for you and actually be what you want!

Get my drift bro?
yaypsp.gif
Keep in mind this is a 'lunch break' for work. not 'i feel like going somewhere nice to eat, and i have three dollars to spend.'

now my computer at work is starting to smell like fake chicken.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moderate said:
Keep in mind this is a 'lunch break' for work. not 'i feel like going somewhere nice to eat, and i have three dollars to spend.'

now my computer at work is starting to smell like fake chicken.

Sooo, what's preventing you from bringing a sack lunch with you to work?
P1ng's suggestion isn't a bad one. I did this for a great many years.

I know quite well what it's like to be strapped for cash.
It's been my experience that McD's has the absolute worst service in the fast food industry.
(This isn't always the case, but it often is. No offense intended to 'Tempers who happen to work there.)
So if I'm down to choosing a place with a dollar menu, it'd likely be Taco Hell.
At least their chicken is mostly chicken....and growth hormones.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you should be more explicit in your definition of "plain"? Wouldn't it be better to ask for it "with nothing on it"?

Fast food people confuse plain, regular, dry, etc. all the time. Don't even get me started on Dunkin Donuts..

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Today I had the same experience...

I was making a trip from The Netherlands to Germany and needed some food, so at the first petrol station i stopped and there was a Mc Drive.

I ordered:

-Big Mac Menu with sprite.

I get:

Big Mac Menu with Large Sprite and Xtra Large fries...

I already saw it on the digital screen but I couldnt be arsed to say something about it.

I was in a hurry, normaly I do say something about it...

And I never heared of jack in the box, sonic and In-and-Out
tongue.gif
America is the fast food country of the world XD

Moderate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szyslak said:
Maybe you should be more explicit in your definition of "plain"? Wouldn't it be better to ask for it "with nothing on it"?

Fast food people confuse plain, regular, dry, etc. all the time. Don't even get me started on Dunkin Donuts..
Well there's a specific key they enter when they get their orders 'plain' or 'with nothing on it' and if you look at the receipt in the picture, it shows 'plain'.

It happens all the time, and I tried to call them several times, but no answer.

So I decided to vent on here.

Posts merged

QUOTE(laminaatplaat @ Dec 30 2008, 03:19 PM) Today I had the same experience...

I was making a trip from The Netherlands to Germany and needed some food, so at the first petrol station i stopped and there was a Mc Drive.

I ordered:

-Big Mac Menu with sprite.

I get:

Big Mac Menu with Large Sprite and Xtra Large fries...

I already saw it on the digital screen but I couldnt be arsed to say something about it.

I was in a hurry, normaly I do say something about it...

And I never heared of jack in the box, sonic and In-and-Out
tongue.gif
America is the fast food country of the world XD
There's many great things about America, but the fast food industry isn't one of them by a long shot
biggrin.gif

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry, but what exactly is a "plain" McChicken Burger? Perhaps you could've been more clear about EXACTLY what you wanted. For example:

Large Big Mac Meal, extra lettuce, hold the mayo.

Moderate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hehe Moo said:
Sorry, but what exactly is a "plain" McChicken Burger? Perhaps you could've been more clear about EXACTLY what you wanted. For example:

Large Big Mac Meal, extra lettuce, hold the mayo.
Once again, as it says on the receipt, 'plain' is hold everything except the chicken and the bun.

I thought this was more of a common-knowledge type thing.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Moderate said:
I thought this was more of a common-knowledge type thing.
It is. Just not to the guy making your sandwich.
tongue.gif

Maybe you should lobby McDonalds to change "PLAIN" to "JUST MEAT AND BUN, IDIOT"

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you kidding me? its obvious, they pay peanuts, therefore, they get monkeys. the is a reason they call it a mcjob.

your lucky you didn't get a small jizzburger an double French fries (or do you still call them "freedom fries"?).

Earl

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I used to stumble in on this problem a lot many years ago when fast food + English terms such as 'plain' was a bit newer a nd less main streamed, i have not gotten wrong in like 2 years though (as long as i ordered myself at least .) I eat quite a lot of fast food, and I almost always order plain : D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: