Help with Hitachi 47

mitch1256

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My xenon refurb had its disk drive die last night (error e64) and was wondering how I could fix it up? No burn marks or anything on the board, but if the SATA cable is plugged in it spits out a e64. If it cant be fixed, does anyone here have a 47 PCB/drive or an ODE (xkey, x360key) they would be willing to sell? There are only 2 on eBay and one guy might not even have it, and getting a disk drive from a console is a gamble in itself but I do have the key for this drive.

EDIT: yes i tried swapping both the pin cable and the SATA cable. no dice. and the sata header on the board looks fine. the laser on the disk drive kicks on but does not move, so its getting power

mitch1256

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the DVD key you should be able to put any drive in, however iirc they can check your DVD drive
I was told to put in the same model that was in the console because I want to use this console on Xbox Live and so that it reads disks correctly with all the protections, if I could put any drive in I would put in a BENQ but I cant
I can always put in a ODE but they are so rare and the one I found is not a xkey or something proven to not get me banned and its 70 euros while i can buy a new drive for $42.25 and is shipped in the US

mitch1256

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly suggest investing in an Xkey, I've got one of them for sale but I'm not keen on letting it go for peanuts, sorry.
how much...?

And again, is there any way I can just fix the board on the disk drive? it still gets power but beats me why it gives me a E64

mitch1256

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't know what they go for these days but you're in the ballpark of 100 quid including shipping.
After doing some research I would rather stick with a flashed drive over an ODE, just seems too risky and too good to be true. Is there any way I can just fix the board, or do you know anyone that may have a spare 0047 PCB or drive laying around? I may try to reflash the stock firmware to this and see if it fixes it, or see if its a short, or just slap the PCB in the case and see if it registers the drive

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've been playing on XBL for years with an Xkey.
Never gotten banned and never will be for it.
Especially now that MS doesn't care about the 360 anymore.

In all honesty mate, you'll be better off getting a new 360 if your intent is to have a working stock unit.
Hitachi drives are shit, Phats that have Hitachi's are shite.

mitch1256

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing on XBL for years with an Xkey.
Never gotten banned and never will be for it.
Especially now that MS doesn't care about the 360 anymore.

In all honesty mate, you'll be better off getting a new 360 if your intent is to have a working stock unit.
Hitachi drives are shit, Phats that have Hitachi's are shite.
I wanna keep it and fix it unless I check the GPU and it has a fucking Taiwan one. After hearing your advice I'm gonna try to get my hands on some thermal paste, if it has a Korean GPU I'm gonna buy a new drive, else I may just try to sell it or trash it

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Idk what you're talking about but afaik, the GPU in the 360 is the same through all models.
The only difference being the fabrication process and possibly die shrink unless you're referring to that which is silly.

There's no GPU that's better in any 360, perhaps late Corona ones as they're newer and might not fail quicker then the ones made in 2005.

mitch1256

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk what you're talking about but afaik, the GPU in the 360 is the same through all models.
The only difference being the fabrication process and possibly die shrink unless you're referring to that which is silly.

There's no GPU that's better in any 360, perhaps late Corona ones as they're newer and might not fail quicker then the ones made in 2005.
No, IIRC the reason why 360s get the red ring is that the Taiwan factory produced bad GPUs and was put in Xenon and Zephyr models. In late falcons and jaspers, they were Korean made and most refurb consoles after late 2008 (including mine possibly) had Korean ones ***reserved*** for them. not just made for them, ***reserved***

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RROD is a hardware failure that can be triggered via a lot of components.
The GPU is just one of them.
Most common RROD issues are broken solder joints under the CPU/GPU/RAM/HANA due to repeated heating and cooling cycles.

There's no such thing as a "bad GPU" for the 360, I know a Xenon that has had a reball on the CPU/GPU and RAM that still functions fine today.
Besides, if you're so concerned for the consoles longevity, bin it and get a newer model... I don't understand why you're wasting time and effort on the old one whilst you can simply get a newer model and be done with all those headaches.

Reactions: E1ite007

mitch1256

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RROD is a hardware failure that can be triggered via a lot of components.
The GPU is just one of them.
Most common RROD issues are broken solder joints under the CPU/GPU/RAM/HANA due to repeated heating and cooling cycles.

There's no such thing as a "bad GPU" for the 360, I know a Xenon that has had a reball on the CPU/GPU and RAM that still functions fine today.
Besides, if you're so concerned for the consoles longevity, bin it and get a newer model... I don't understand why you're wasting time and effort on the old one whilst you can simply get a newer model and be done with all those headaches.
I already own a slim and an RGH jasper man, but this xenon I bought a couple of weeks back I just really love for some reason. Im gonna just open it, check the GPU, and if it has a korean one, slap in a new drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: hi