Hacking Help with getting my savs to work with new R4 card

cardz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys

I need some help trying to get my .sav games to work with a new R4 card I brought

I had an old R4 Revolution and now I have a Gold R4i (SDHC)

The games are all working fine but it says my save games are corrupt and create new ones.

I think the Gold R4i is a fake. The system files that come with it say R4 Revolution V1.35 on title screen

The older R4 card says R4 Revolution V1.18

I have tried using the older system files with the Gold R4i but that did not work. I tried to install the latest R4i files but they also did not work.

Is there an easy or hard way to get the .sav files working.

Also does anyone know if either of these can play movies?

Thanks for your help
nayps3.gif

cardz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your help. I think you are right but I have tried to rename my savs from .SAV to .sav and same problem
frown.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does your old R4 still work?
If so, I'd suggest to just use WoodR4 as the menu.

I don't think WoodR4 nor the R4i SDHC support video, however just about any cart should be able to use Moonshell which supports DPG video. Also, there is TunaAVI or TunaVidAVI which lets you run small resolution AVI files.
You should be able to find links for everything in the Homebrew section.

cardz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the responses guys.

Yes I still have the original R4 and the save games are fine on that. Yes I been reading and it seems wood is a much more popular interface. But I cant see how that will fix my problem? Could it?

Thanks for the link to the save game creator. I tried 7 differnt formats but I still get the same problem saying its corrupt and creating a new save game. I didn't try every EZV clone format? Should I persist or should the several I tried rule out that possible fix?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill