dmonkey21

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi you guys. I am having a really hard time figuring how to patch GBA games for use in a 3-in-1 with rudolphs tool. MY problem lies in some games being able to be patched in GBATA (The patch button is not grayed out), but when I patch it it says 'OK'. However, the patch button is still not grayed out. This leads me to belive that they are not actually patched, as most of my games after clicking patch are grayed out and seem to be fixed. I do not understand thge thing in Rudolph's readme explaining when to use GBATA vs EZFLASH IV client, and the games taht stay un-grayed out are:

Buu's Fury + DBZGT 2-in-1
Super Mario Advance 1
Super Mario Advance 2
Astroboy
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

I have GBATA version .7a, is this the most recent?
I tried using the EZ FLASH 1.03 client (couldn't find a dl on the new version), and I couldn't figure out how to use it.

ANy help greatly appreciated thnx
smile.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MY problem lies in some games being able to be patched in GBATA (The patch button is not grayed out), but when I patch it it says 'OK'. However, the patch button is still not grayed out. This leads me to belive that they are not actually patched, as most of my games after clicking patch are grayed out and seem to be fixed.
The 'Patch' button will not be immediately grayed out after SRAM patching a game, because the unpatched rom is still the selected file in GBATA. If the patch button is still active when you load the patched rom, GBATA may have been unable to patch the game successfully. I had that same problem with "2in1: Dr. Mario & Puzzle League".

I tried patching all of the games you mentioned, and the only one I had a problem with was Buu's Fury + DBZGT 2-in-1. GBATA couldn't patch that one, but it worked fine for the rest. I then tried patching the individual releases of Buu's Fury and DBZGT, and GBATA patched both of them successfully.

I did this with GBATA v0.7a, which is the latest (and probably last) version.

dmonkey21

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm ya sorry I had meant that i loaded the output-whatever.gba files too...
I re-read the readme, and it says use ez flash client for 1024k saves??? That's huge! I thought saves were 64k and 128k only... Well, maybe thats it but if it worked for u then I'm not sure... I got these roms clean i think from gba news.

*EDIT* - Fixed! I got the same results as you, all but Buu's fury 2-in-1 worked. I think the problem was I had all the roms on a usb with VBA, and ran GBATA off of the flashdrive. Moved it all to my PC HDD, and it worked liek a charm
smile.gif
thnx again, I'll just DL the individual games for the 2-in-1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol +1