Help with game Save File (editing).

Flipgirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am trying to figure out a way to edit my save file for Garden Paws (for gold/coins/currency). I was able to upload the save file to my computer and somehow open it changing it into .txt but I dont know what I am looking at. Anyone bored enough to help me :) thankz!

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
First of all you need an editor that can show/edit the data in hexadecimal format.
For hacking save files you need to know the exact number of gold/coins etc, save the file, copy it over to the PC and
look for the numbers in hexadcimal notation.
So if you for example have a 100 coins, you look for a value of '64' with the hex editor.
Numbers larger than 255 are split into multiple hexadecimal numebers like for example 345 becomes '0159'.
Sometimes the numbers are ordered in the opposite direction like '5901'.

If you are lucky, you can find the numbers pretty easy.
In some cases the data in the save file is encrypted so you won't find the numbers.
Also some save games contain a checksum to prevent easy editting.
But just give it a try.
Editting save games on the 3DS was pretty straight forward.

There are some homebrew tools like Edizon that can also do memory editting (not save file editting) directly on the Switch.
That is also a great way to start hacking games.

Reactions: Flipgirl

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just use edizon on switch, currency is in U32 Main.

step 1: in edizon select U32, then "=" then Main. put in how much currency you have then search. after its done, go back into game and either gain or lose some currency, then repeat step 1 two more times.

step 2: change the final results to 999999 then go back into game, spend or gain currency and it will be 999999

Reactions: Flipgirl

Flipgirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all you need an editor that can show/edit the data in hexadecimal format.
For hacking save files you need to know the exact number of gold/coins etc, save the file, copy it over to the PC and
look for the numbers in hexadcimal notation.
So if you for example have a 100 coins, you look for a value of '64' with the hex editor.
Numbers larger than 255 are split into multiple hexadecimal numebers like for example 345 becomes '0159'.
Sometimes the numbers are ordered in the opposite direction like '5901'.

If you are lucky, you can find the numbers pretty easy.
In some cases the data in the save file is encrypted so you won't find the numbers.
Also some save games contain a checksum to prevent easy editting.
But just give it a try.
Editting save games on the 3DS was pretty straight forward.

There are some homebrew tools like Edizon that can also do memory editting (not save file editting) directly on the Switch.
That is also a great way to start hacking games.
Thank you, an hexeditor did the trick <3 I tried edizon for some reason it wouldnt work but the hex editor did <3 Much Love-Flip

Flipgirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just use edizon on switch, currency is in U32 Main.

step 1: in edizon select U32, then "=" then Main. put in how much currency you have then search. after its done, go back into game and either gain or lose some currency, then repeat step 1 two more times.

step 2: change the final results to 999999 then go back into game, spend or gain currency and it will be 999999
Edizon didnt worked when I tried it that was super weird cuz edizon always works for me but this time it didnt, the hex editor did tho :) thank you <3 Much Love- Flip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.livescience.com/59831-cotton-candy-grapes.html#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20Cotton%20Can...