Hacking Help with fixing brick using NTRboot

Timburpton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to get NTRboot setup properly. I modded my friends 3ds for him perfectly.

Now he has an older 3ds which he sent to someone to mod but he doesn't know if its a9lh/b9s etc etc.

His problem is that he got the update nag and then he updated. Upon updating he got a black screen and it fails to boot.

Now my question is, how can I use NTRboot to fix it?

Do I simply use NTRboot to freshly 3dshack it?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That shouldn't even be necessary unless he softbricked. If the console was running A9LH or B9S he wouldn't have gotten a black screen on boot unless he is missing files on the SD card, they can't be read or he updated the CFW (Luma) before updating the console's entrypoint. If he had A9LH, and updated Luma above 7.0.5 it will 100% not boot correctly because newer versions require boot9strap.

Please don't troubleshoot in the dark. It takes 5 seconds to determine your setup by checking the SD card for either "arm9loaderhax.bin" or "boot.firm". Even if you had Boot9Strap before and didn't update it to v1.2, the same thing will happen. My advice is to find out what files he has etc. it's pretty difficult to help someone troubleshoot when they don't even have the console in their possession.

Either way, sure you can use NTRBootHaX to re-hack it but I'm 99% sure you can fix this issue without it. You need more information from your friend before anyone can give you more specific suggestions.

Timburpton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Either way, sure you can use NTRBootHaX to re-hack it but I'm 99% sure you can fix this issue without it. You need more information from your friend before anyone can give you more specific suggestions.

I know. But as you mentioned, I will need to troubleshoot and see what the problem is but this means I need access to a computer outside when we meet for a meal.

However, I do not need to bring anything other than my AK2i and a screwdriver. If I can get it fixed simply with NTRboothax but re-hacking it, it seems to be the simpler solution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/xbox-series-x-2-2tb-090117688.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR...