sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got my hardware returned from an RMA yesterday, I set up the PC installing everything correctly. PC boots up, all the hardware works, it does the POST, but when it gets to booting Vista I get the following error "Error Loading OS".

I have googled franctically and have found all the queries relating to dualboot systems with vista/xp. The drive with the Vista install is recognised, however, Windows is not reading the existence of the OS on any drive.

Used the Vista repair option, but it doesn't see an OS, so I can't get to dos prompt to do a fixmbr/boot. I don't have a copy of XP, Linux or any other boot software that I can use to get into cmd prompt. All I have is the Vista + SP1 DVD.

I want to reintall VIsta as a last resort, all I need to do is get into dos prompt somehow. and I think I can fix it.

Advice and solutions would be welcome, as I am at my wits end with fixing the damn thing.

Thanks in advance

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can boot off the dvd, however, unlike xp, you can't get into cmd prompt off the dvd unless you can select an OS in the options for repair. If it shows no OS you can't get to the screen which offers cmd prompt

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I stand corrected and I could get in without selecting the OS.

Anyway I resolved the problem by loading my fail safe defaults in the bios, and that fixed the problem. I did try fixmbr and fixboot and the windows repair option in the gui, but none worked.

cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: