OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mackne.net
XP
Country
United States
I need some major help with editing the main file for Yoru, Tomosu (夜、灯す).The main file contains some strings of text that are used for the settings menu and the pause menu and their in UTF-32LE. So my main issue is that their hard to edit correctly with my limited knowledge. There happens to be a file called "Text.csv" in the romFS folder that has most of those strings already but its basically unused, since the full extent of the games text is in the csv format. Any help at all would be apriciated!

The second issue being that i need to change the font file because the font they use is FOT-Klee and its english characters are spaced out to full width so the kerning is all kinds of messed up and its also a .bntx file instead of a bffnt So i need to point to the new bffnt font I made instead.

InochiPM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mackne.net
XP
Country
United States
My issue here is the font is so spaced apart that it makes it hard to translate the words correctly without loosing some nuance
aRKUvCv.png
gNvjjq3.png

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you can edit the font can you make larger characters to try to reduce the apparent spacing?

Also that really close together double m in the later picture... don't know what that speaks to (just a wide character, or some kind of variable width).

Is the CSV actually a CSV file as most of the world knows it (comma separated variable, about the most primitive form of spreadsheet there is and sometimes seen for text in games as text writers/translators do like a spreadsheet)?

On "its also a .bntx file instead of a bffnt So i need to point to the new bffnt font I made instead."
Most don't do such a change unless it is really necessary -- for fonts that is usually that they are doing variable width, or handling ascenders and descenders (for those playing along at home then learn your font terminology https://www.canva.com/learn/typography-terms/ but depending upon the font then the dangly bit of fgyjqp). Otherwise you get to suck it up and edit a format you don't have examples/tools for.

InochiPM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mackne.net
XP
Country
United States
If you can edit the font can you make larger characters to try to reduce the apparent spacing?

Also that really close together double m in the later picture... don't know what that speaks to (just a wide character, or some kind of variable width).

Is the CSV actually a CSV file as most of the world knows it (comma separated variable, about the most primitive form of spreadsheet there is and sometimes seen for text in games as text writers/translators do like a spreadsheet)?

On "its also a .bntx file instead of a bffnt So i need to point to the new bffnt font I made instead."
Most don't do such a change unless it is really necessary -- for fonts that is usually that they are doing variable width, or handling ascenders and descenders (for those playing along at home then learn your font terminology https://www.canva.com/learn/typography-terms/ but depending upon the font then the dangly bit of fgyjqp). Otherwise you get to suck it up and edit a format you don't have examples/tools for.
TJOMIaT.png

It's all kinds of weird, the font file itself is the bntx file so i don't know how its coded into the main to utilize it.
and yes the CSV files are exactly that, it pulls the text from these and only these but it gets the scene data from either some other file or the scene.sc files in the romFS folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...