Help with downgrading/Issues starting homebrew

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by KapuDaKoopa, Mar 12, 2016.

1. KapuDaKoopa
    OP

KapuDaKoopa hot kass r34

Mar 12, 2016
    United States
    i dunno
    OK, so, I've already successfully downgraded my 3DS to 9.2 with a 10.6 firmware, but after doing this, I was going to downgrade a friends as well. I was going to use Ninjhax to install homemenuhax. I put in all the necessary homebrew and boot.3dsx. After scanning the QR code, it seems to load, but then crashes to the home menu. There firmware is 9.9.0-26U. Tried fresh homebrew starter kit install as well, and the boot.3dsx is the latest version, 2.6.

2. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    Have you deleted the save of cubic ninja in order to install the new payload thanks to the qr code? Have you activated the internet connection during QR code?

3. KapuDaKoopa
    OP

KapuDaKoopa hot kass r34

Mar 12, 2016
    United States
    i dunno
    I probably should have mentioned that, heh! Well, the save was deleted, and as a just in case, each time the load failed, I deleted the save. I would assume by "during QR code" you mean if I had the internet connection on while doing it, and it was in fact on.

4. Omegadrien

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    Just before it crash to home menu, did you see the "*ninjahax 2.6 gamma blablabla smealum.github.io/ninjhax2" screen?

5. KapuDaKoopa
    OP

KapuDaKoopa hot kass r34

Mar 12, 2016
    United States
    i dunno
    As it's loading, it shows garbage on the screen, and then sometimes goes to black, waits for a varying amount of time, and crashes to the home menu.

6. Omegadrien

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    OK, have you deleted the save game of cubic ninja with the combo L+R+X+Y ? Have you generated a NEW QR code for the 9.9 firmware? (because this error happen when the game try to load the wrong payload...).
    > ninjhax won't run anymore ! I updated my console after installing ninjhax and I can't access the homebrew launcher anymore. What do I do ?
    In this case, all you need to do is clear CUBIC NINJA's savegame and install the exploit again. To do so, enter CUBIC NINJA's main menu and hold L+R+X+Y; after a few seconds, a menu will show up asking whether you'd like to clear your savegame. Do it, grab the QR code for your new firmware version and you should be good to go!

Last edited by Omegadrien, Mar 12, 2016
  7. KapuDaKoopa
    OP

KapuDaKoopa hot kass r34

Mar 12, 2016
    United States
    i dunno
    Save deleted, but I thought the NEW QR was for New 3DS'... Is it not? If it's not, I'm a huge idiot xD

8. Omegadrien

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    You have to generate a Qr code for each firmware.

9. KapuDaKoopa
    OP

KapuDaKoopa hot kass r34

Mar 12, 2016
    United States
    i dunno
    I mean, I know that, but I'm using an Old 3DS, so I thought NEW QR meant New 3DS.

10. Omegadrien

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    Ah, yeah, if the 3ds of your friend is a new 3ds, then select NEW, else, select old.

11. KapuDaKoopa
    OP

KapuDaKoopa hot kass r34

Mar 12, 2016
    United States
    i dunno
    OK, I mean I know the setup of the QR code and such, but as soon as I scan the QR code, it loads and crashes. This is where I'm stuck on. I've also tried other exploits such as Browserhax.

12. Omegadrien

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    Yep, you can use browserhax, but it's recommended to block the nag before. (you can bypass it on new 3ds).
    For ninjhax, please read one more time http://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/ the different steps to be sure you don't skip one...

13. KapuDaKoopa
    OP

KapuDaKoopa hot kass r34

Mar 12, 2016
    United States
    i dunno
    I mean, I've attempted browserhax, and I think it's given me sliderhax, but I can't seem to perform it. I've followed all steps of ninjhax, and it still fails.

14. Omegadrien

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    Sliderhax : keep trying, it's so unstable!
    Ninjhax: Sorry, but i can't do anything for you... Just start all over again all steps of ninjhax (including sd card files). If you follow correctly the instructions, this error is unusual.

15. KapuDaKoopa
    OP

KapuDaKoopa hot kass r34

Mar 12, 2016
    United States
    i dunno
    Heh, thanks anyway! I'll just keep trying sliderhax, I guess!

16. Omegadrien

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    Have you checked the content of the sd card? (boot.3dsx at the root of the sd card)?

17. KapuDaKoopa
    OP

KapuDaKoopa hot kass r34

Mar 12, 2016
    United States
    i dunno
    Yes, I've checked many times. There is a boot.3dsx file, and it is the 2.6 hax one.

18. Omegadrien

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    OK....
    And the 3ds of your friend, it's a new or a old one?
    Edit: ok, i'm stupid, if you use sliderhax, it's an old 3ds

19. KapuDaKoopa
    OP

KapuDaKoopa hot kass r34

Mar 12, 2016
    United States
    i dunno
    An old one. I've also just now seen about sliderhax, and I always thought that it was the 3DS' browser slider! I'm obviously an idiot, so time to try this again!

20. Omegadrien

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland