Help with .CSU to .CIA conversion.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by NinjaBoyLao2, Jun 3, 2016.

1. NinjaBoyLao2
    OP

NinjaBoyLao2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    United States
    So, I know how late to the party I am, but I acquired some development software for my 3ds. The included .cia's seem to be bad, both DevMenu and FBI's latest version (2.2.6 as of writing) tells me they're broken, and running them through @d0k3 's Decrypt9 tells me they can't be processed. Now, they also came with .CSU files, which I believe can be converted to .CIA files. Can someone please explain to me how to do this without linking to an outdated guide? Decrypt9 decrypts the .CSU files just fine and [this thread](https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...le-sdk-tools-onto-your-3ds-w-pictures.396807/) seems outdated since it never mentions they can be decrypted.

2. blujay

blujay GBATemp's Official Warthog

Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
  3. Voxel

Voxel Fable Junkie

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Yes, the guide is indeed outdated (I was the one who wrote that tutorial), as the 3DS to CIA converter 4.1, which can convert such CSUs to CIAs, is not available for download anymore. :/

If you give me an hour or two, I'll hop onto my PC and whisk it on over to this thread. :)
    EDIT: Here's the link to the program you will want to use to convert the CSUs: https://mega.nz/#!SY1U2ADI!pJuZ8oVxT4cn0swADYLXKsJI9I640rjCd-ruZxXQdSc

So actually, to be honest, the guide isn't outdated as such because it's probably the only method to convert such CSU files to this day still.

Last edited by Voxel, Jun 3, 2016 - Reason: Added link
    Ricken likes this.
  4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Another way is knowing that csu is a minor variant of cci=3ds; I extracted the main cxi, cryptofixed it, edited the exheader to install to SD, and converted with makerom!

Voxel likes this.