Help with correct kernel for R4

Kyster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi, I have had some problems finding the right kernel for my R4 card, and identifying it. I downloaded many different kernels and finally found one that works, but the issue now is any ROMs i try to launch, ends up freezing my DS, and i have to reboot.

I know it worked a couple of days ago with another Kernel and theme, but i don't know which one it was (stupid me, for not saving it).

The kernel file i found and works (with limited succes), is called: Dual-Core_Kernel 1.38
Here are some photos of R4 cartridge, with the packaging and DS screen.

Thanks for your help in advance.

R4_SDHC.jpg
R4_SDHC2.jpg
R4_DS.jpg

Reactions: SylverReZ

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
Hi, I have had some problems finding the right kernel for my R4 card, and identifying it. I downloaded many different kernels and finally found one that works, but the issue now is any ROMs i try to launch, ends up freezing my DS, and i have to reboot.

I know it worked a couple of days ago with another Kernel and theme, but i don't know which one it was (stupid me, for not saving it).

The kernel file i found and works (with limited succes), is called: Dual-Core_Kernel 1.38
Here are some photos of R4 cartridge, with the packaging and DS screen.

Thanks for your help in advance.

View attachment 385481 View attachment 385482 View attachment 385483
links by @SylverReZ should get you through your need, alternatively you can use twilight menu for flashcarts

Reactions: SylverReZ

Kyster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
links by @SylverReZ should get you through your need, alternatively you can use twilight menu for flashcarts
I tried to launch the Wood R4 v1.62.nds file from within the Kernel i have on it now. It shows the loading bar, but then just freezes. I am at a loss, sorry for not being so comfortable with the terminology and know how, of which flash cart i have.

Kyster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Thank you so much, it works, and i even managed to get twilightmenu on autoboot on it, you guys have been a huge help. I am still having a little trouble getting GBArunner2 to run, but that will have to wait for another time, for now everything else work nicely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright