Help with cIOS

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by djda, Apr 15, 2009.

1. djda
    OP

djda GBAtemp Regular

Apr 15, 2009
    Barbados
    Hello i have been playing my soft modded wii for a good 6 months now and have had no problems. Last week i decided to try the USB loader i found on a torrent site and it works quite well. To do this i had to install the channel and a cIOS.

After some people came over and we decided to play rock band 2 in which i have 2 guitars (GH guitars which worked) and a logitech mic (RB) which up to then gave me no problems. And from there it would not let me no matter what i tried use the mic. I have tried reinstalling several cIOS and i have followed this guide

[HOWTO] Play Rock Band Backups, Original/Backups/Customs by Mrkinator
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=125495

Any input as to why this has happened and how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated
    many thanks in advance

2. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    It won't work with the USB loader until cIOS 11 is released.

If it doesn't work using a backup disk instead of the USB loader.... then you'll still need to wait for cIOS34 rev 11

If you are on firmware 4.0 I wouldn't even think about removing cIOS rev 9 or 10 (whichever you're using) otherwise you could always search the forum and use a downgrade method to install an older cIOS version. I don't know if an older one will install over a newer one though so you'd need to REMOVE the cIOS and install the older one afterwards if you have problems. Again I would not even think about that for those of you who are on system menu 4.0

Hope I didn't confuse you [​IMG]

3. djda
    OP

djda GBAtemp Regular

Apr 15, 2009
    Barbados
    Well it was a bit confusing but sorry forgot to clarify im running 3.2U and im running RB2 off of a backup disc