Hacking Help with cheat file..

jonnysniper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. I'm new to this forum, but not new to the concept of forums and will respect all the rules to the best of my ability.
Now onto my question...

I have been using an M3DS real for a while now and have been using downloaded cheat files. However, I recently decided I would like to add my own cheats to my cheat files. After doing some browsing I came across the idea of editing the .db file in notepad. So I did this and follow the format carefully. I added just one cheat to the vast list, which isn't much of a change, but when I tried it out, my M3 said 'no cheats found for this game', or something like that. It's frustrating, because the cheat file works fine, until I add just one cheat. Am I doing something wrong?

Help would be greatly appreciated.
Jonny

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this matters at all for M3, but when you saved the changes, did you click, "Save...", or "Save as..."?

Hell, I don't know if it matters for anything. But when I was using the cheat code editor for my EDGE, I had the same problem of it not showing the screen to enable cheat codes, even when they were enabled. So for the heck of it, I tried out that, "Save as...", and just selected the old cheats.dat (Don't know what M3 files are), and it worked. So maybe try that out and overwrite the original cheat file?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill