Help with cakes cfw

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Marko76, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Marko76
    OP

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Ok so I am on 9.2 with an Orig 3ds I used Emunand9tool and selected the complete emunand setup option which downloaded a whole lot of files and it also copied my nand to the sd I then downloaded firmware.bin and cetk and put them in the cakes folder and slot0x25keyx_bin in the root then booted into homebrew. I selected cakes and I got a menu with 3 options so I selected boot and I was booted back to sys nand I then tried again and again and kept trying and changing options in cakes but each time it boots sysnand what am I doing wrong can anyone help me please.

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Cakes doesn't have the version name string changed in settings so you might be in emuNAND without realising. Try installing a cia and see if you can run it after booting cakes.

Marko76 likes this.
  3. Marko76
    OP

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Really it's probably been working all along then as I kept checking in settings to see if the firmware name was different like other cfw lol. Ok it's 2 am here I'm gonna go to bed and will try install a cia in the morning and I will report back. EDIT just a thought but where should my nand file be at the moment I have it in a folder called EmuNAND9 is this the right place for it???

Last edited by Marko76, Jan 7, 2016
    Quantumcat likes this.
  4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I'm not familiar with emuNAND9 but if you mean the nand.bin that is your sysNAND backup, you don't need it in your SD card, just store it somewhere safe in case you need to restore it.

5. landis21

landis21 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    i tried emuNAND9 as well but i causes performance issues with my sd card.. i would suggest use gateway to make an emunand and then proceed with cakes, that went well with me :)