Help with backing up system nand

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Saiyann, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Saiyann
    OP

Saiyann Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2015
    Finland
    Hey, I just got my n3ds and I wanted to have a back up in case something goes wrong. I don't have gateway flashcart, but I know I should still be able to run the launcher and use the back up option. I can't do it - the web exploit isn't working for me and ninjahax just brings me to the homebrew launcher and not the gateway one. How can I get there? thanks

2. clank

clank Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2015
    (An internet connection is required, and 1 Gb of free space on the SD card is also needed)
    First off, copy gateway's launcher.dat to the root of your SD card, then go to Cubic Ninja's menu and keep X Y L R pressed, a prompt will pop up asking if you want to delete CN's data, press yes. Then go to the QR scanner inside Cubic Ninja and scan the corresponding QR code for your N3DS. You can find it inside Gateway's .rar, at /Save Games for New 3DS/Cubic/*YourRegion*/qr.jpg. Once you've scanned it, Gateway launcher should pop up(if it doesn't, then restart your N3DS and boot Cubic Ninja, and do the steps that you would do to go to homebrew menu) , then go to Create NAND backup option, press it, and wait for a while. Once it's done you will find your NAND.bin at the root of your SD card.

Last edited by clank, Jun 19, 2015
    asnka likes this.