Hacking Help with a FE Fates save backup

Sirius1428

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So I post this here because I'm not sure where this belongs.

The situation is this, sorry if it's a little long but I want my problem to be clear:

Some months ago I installed the european FE fates special edition on my usa 3ds via freeshop and played it without trouble. Recently I had to update my 3ds to 11.8 because I couldn't play any game online anymore without the update, so to be sure that there wasn't going to be any trouble for having installed games from the freeshop (now that nintendo can detect this) I deleted them all and reinstalled them with cias after updating the console. Before deleting the games I made a backup of the savegames with the backup option that comes by default in the 3ds configuration menu.

After reinstalling my games, the backups I had made restored automatically without any trouble for every game except for Fire Emblem Fates, aparently the reason for this is that the version I had originally installed and deleted from the freeshop has a different title ID than the cia version I installed after, so the console detects them as different games and as such it won't allow me to restore my backup file since the original backed up game "it's not installed".

The version I downloaded from the freeshop had a title ID of 000400000017a400.

The cia version I have (and the one that seems to be everywhere) has a title ID of 000400000017a800.

I originally thought that the solution would be installing the game with the title ID 17a4, but the weirdest part of all of this is that when I search both title ID's on google and the 3dsdb database only the 17a8 title (which corresponds to FE Fates special edition EUR version, as expected) seem to exist, the 17a4 version doesn't give any results, meaning that essentially the game I downloaded from the freeshop doesn't exist.

So after all of this my question is that if there is anyway I can somehow extract my save backup from the 17a4 game and insert it on the 17a8 game, or if someone can tell me something about the 17a4 version of the game it would be appreciated, or if I'm screwed and have to replay the game from scratch.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.

Sirius1428

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's strange, I wonder why they did one special version for europe and another for australia, they're essentially the same aren't they? Anyway, thank you, this helps a lot.

Sirius1428

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I managed to solve the problem, since I couldn't find a cia of the game with the 17a4 game id, I took the 17a8 version and manually changed it's title id to 17a4 with help of the HackingToolkit9ds program and a hex editor, I then installed the edited cia and the console allowed me to restore my backup without any trouble. I already did another backup with the save data filer app so that I don't have to repeat this whole process again.

Reactions: Hayato213

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Also, Nintendo CAN'T detect games you already installed via freeShop!!!! As long as you stop downloading from there you're fine, you don't need to do anything else!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Reinstalling then as cias literally makes zero difference, so I'm sorry to tell you but you wasted your time there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, wut