OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.prizerebel.com
XP
Country
Hi there,

My wii is a launch PAL wii and about a month ago I had it fitted with a Wiikey (which I then found out was actually a Wiinja Deluxe because the installers installed the wrong one...) and I was playing around with a few backed up games when I got a grinding noise when I inserted a DVD, i quickly ejected the DVD incase of damaging my wii. From then on, everytime I insert a DVD, the drive makes a whirring noise (as if its looking for a disc) for a few seconds and then ejects the disc.
Here is a video of the the problem:

Thanks if anyone can help, and if you need anymore info, just post and I will reply.

Josh

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
your wii is possessed, exorcise it immediately !1111

n1 on getting a wiinja deluxe instead of a wiikey, it has some of the best audio support and often was more expensive than the wiikey if sold on the same site. also good video of the problem, always better than a dodgy description of it =]

im not sure what the problem is =[ ill just give your thread a little bump !

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
You've probably broken a tooth or stripped one of the gears in the slot loading mechanism - a common-ish problem. You can open it and bodge a repeain to the gear with a very short piece of metal/plastic, or take the gear out and attemp to find a replacement.

josh41091

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.prizerebel.com
XP
Country
Ah I see, do u by any chance have a tutorial on where/how to repair the gear? Because I have never opened my wii before and any noob help is greatly apreciated
biggrin.gif

Thanks

Josh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.