Hacking Help: wii system menu freezes on disc read!

chaseincats

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says my console freezes when its trying to read a wii disc, this doesnt happen with GC discs however

I have cios rev17 as well as hermes 222&223 installed

any ideas?

-chaseincats

chaseincats

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just the regular disc channel

EDIT: forgot to mention I can install wii games to usbloader gx just cant launch them from the disc channel

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the disk channel uses IOSs, note a cIOS (custom IOS)

download this package here (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?izvndnndztu)

be sure to update your HBC to v1.06 first before updating

follow the instructions in the read me (in the download) to update to 4.2 (make sure to install ios70 BEFORE the system menu). U dont need to update your shop channel, photo channel etc. if u dont want to

if u have priiloader installed, u will need to reinstall it afterwards

EDIT: i still recommend updating to 4.2 (or 4.1, whatever u want), but modmystuff is right, there was a hardmod bug in the latest rev of priiloader (v0.3b), which causes your problem. I read it occured when disks were INSERTED while in the system menu. A simple solution would be to launch your disk games via tinyload (homebrew app) or neogamma (see my signature). But if u would reinstall a different rev of priiloader it should fix u right up

The Pink Gato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
v0.1 was supposed to be stable... I dont have a hard modded wii so I don't know what to tell u.

are u sure the wii freezes after STARTING the disk channel, not after INSERTING a disk?

Not sure either. Maybe it's a bad/dirty lens? Try using a Nintendo Lens Cleaner.

~modmystuff~

chaseincats

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think thats the case because it can still read GC discs

besides if it had a dirty lense wouldnt it just say it cant read the disc rather than freezing the console?

EDIT: Also, any idea why it freezes only if i launch a game via disc channel rather than if i click the disc button in usbloader gx?

chaseincats

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
the disk channel uses IOSs, note a cIOS (custom IOS)

download this package here (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?izvndnndztu)

be sure to update your HBC to v1.06 first before updating

follow the instructions in the read me (in the download) to update to 4.2 (make sure to install ios70 BEFORE the system menu). U dont need to update your shop channel, photo channel etc. if u dont want to

if u have priiloader installed, u will need to reinstall it afterwards

EDIT: i still recommend updating to 4.2 (or 4.1, whatever u want), but modmystuff is right, there was a hardmod bug in the latest rev of priiloader (v0.3b), which causes your problem. I read it occured when disks were INSERTED while in the system menu. A simple solution would be to launch your disk games via tinyload (homebrew app) or neogamma (see my signature). But if u would reinstall a different rev of priiloader it should fix u right up

instead of doing this and installing all the ios's manually can i use the safe firmware upgrader as shown here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184057

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...