Hacking HELP! Wii System Files Corrupted, cannot access bootmii!

ps3sucks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
priiloader installed
bootmii boot2 + ios installed

Everytime i insert an sd card (tried 4 now) with bootmii on it, my wii will not boot it through boot2 OR through the IOS. (And yes the two quick blue flashes appear when I boot my wii without an sd card in it). What do i do!??!

*side note* DOP-Mii system check freezes on IOS60 which i think may be the problem, but I cannot install a new ios 60 because it always crashes when it tries to access NUS.

I think I am going to upgrade to 4.2 after I restore my nand backup (if i ever can).

Any help is appreciated!!
biggrin.gif

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure the SD card is compatible with bootmii. Out of all the people I have seen soft-mod their wii's with bootmii, only one had an incompatible SD card in which bootmii didn't work.

You don't need IOS 60, it's a stubbed IOS for 3.X system menus.

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually... IOS60 was the systemmenu IOS for 4.0/4.1. So, why don't you just use NUSD to download and create an IOS 60 v6174 wad? -- not the stubbed version and install it with Wad Manager or similar.

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, if you mess with IOS60 on a 4.0/4.1 systemmenu (and things go bad), and bootmii doesnt work or you dont have priiloader you're in trouble. That being said, installing a new IOS60 v.6174 (Download it from your PC with NUSD and then put the wad on your SD card and install) may solve your issues -- not with Bootmii, but at least you might be able to update and then do another bootmii dump.

ps3sucks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for your input borissaid, I will try this when I get home and post back results. Just to clarify, I DO have priiloader and can access it.

ps3sucks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
YESZ After updating IOS60 using a wad from NUSD I was still getting the system files corrupted message, however bootmii started working! go figure!?!? Nand restore was successful and my wii is good again
biggrin.gif
Thanks again borissaid. I am now going to update to Sys menu 4.2 because I honestly believe IOS60 was the cause of all this where as 4.2 uses IOS 70.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1