[Help] Wii Problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by arekku, Jun 17, 2009.

Jun 17, 2009

[Help] Wii Problems by arekku at 7:50 PM (1,204 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. arekku
    OP

Newcomer arekku Member

United States
    After getting my wii to do all sorts of fun stuff I know have a few problems
    1. Settings menu in system menu wont load, it just sits at a black screen till i reboot.
    I believed this is caused by a mymenu / softmii theme I installed (Note, i dont have the .app I used - and i fear i didnt use the correct one for my system menu)

2. WBFS USB won't load on any of the loaders I have tried.
    No clue whats up with this one, one day it was working and one day it wasn't. (I can still play stuff in GeexBox so its not my USB port)

Another note... I have no clue what cios or system menu or anything my wii is.
    I have preloader installed.

Can anyone help me with these problems?

2. oxMUDxo

Member oxMUDxo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    1. You have a simi bricked Wii do to installing a System Menu Theme for a diffrent region than what you're Wii is.

2. Try sticking the External HD in the other USB port that might get it working or it could be becouse of the Simi Brick.

3. You need to fix you're Wii to go to Settings to find out you're System Menu and you can find out what cIOS you are using in the HomeBrew channel its at the top..

Sorry to hear about the Simi Brick but it can be fixed if that is the problem..

3. arekku
    OP

Newcomer arekku Member

United States
    1. How do I fix it? And then when I do fix it how do I get everything nice and hacked again. (Will i loose homebrew Channel / installed channels?)

2. I tried both ports, and i dont think my wii is honestly "semi bricked" because i can do almost anything else. (Not to mention the menu problem was occuring while I had USB loader working) I think its because my cios is wrong or something...

3. How do I go to the setitngs to find out my system menu when i can't access the settings? >.<
    Ill find out as much info as I can then post it back here

EDIT
    Homebrew channel says IOS37 v. 8.22
    preloader (in the lower left hand corner) says system menu v 353

Any other inf you need?

4. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    once again... we got a total you know what on our hands... but there should be a fix for this good luck you will need it.

5. arekku
    OP

Newcomer arekku Member

United States
    Total what?
    Noob?
    No, I'm not. I an an end user to software that other people put out and I figured before I go and full brick my wii I better ask around for other peoples input.
    Yes, I'm an IDIOT for not keeping a log of everything i did to my wii on my hands, but Noob? Hell no.

So my best course of action would be to what?
    Install system menu 3.2, Install cios w/e supports USB loaders, problem solved?

6. WiiThoko

Member WiiThoko GBAtemp Fan

United States
    What system region did you have before?

7. oxMUDxo

Member oxMUDxo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Before you do anything install BootMii to boot2 and get a NAND back up..
    This will help if you harm the Wii any worse..

Then install Pre Loader..
    This will also help if you harm the Wii any more too.

Then use cIOS Downgrader to install a new System Menu.

THIS IS VEARY IMPORTANT SO PAY ATTATION!

cIOS has alot of System Menus you need to install the right one for you're Wii..

"When" did you get the Wii and "where", USA JAPAN etc....

8. BillandAlisha

Member BillandAlisha GBAtemp Regular

United States
    He isn't saying a noob, he was stating the game. I think it will be just like Ghostbusters and Indiana Jones (hard as hell to get them running due to it is VERY picky what it wants)

9. fiveighteen

Member fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

United States
    Shouldn't that mean you're on 4.0? I think you could just reinstall the system menu wad through wad manager and you'd be good to go, but wait for confirmation from somebody else... [​IMG]

10. arekku
    OP

Newcomer arekku Member

United States
    My wii is a release day wii however again I know not the system menu right now
    is there any way i can just re install the firmware? (keep in mind that my wii can not connect to the internet)
    Could i maybe downgrade it?
    there must be some simple way to do this, I don't want to loose HBC either, seeing as I don't have access to Zelda... I really don't want to loose any of my channels...

11. arekku
    OP

Newcomer arekku Member

United States
    you know what?
    How do I virginize me wii? Im sick and tired of this. Ill just bannerbomb it back to homebrew and system menu and cios rev whatever.

12. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Virginizing a Wii is generally a harder process than fixing it from where you are at. Don't try formatting, it will most likely just cause more problems. You already have the homebrew channel so bannerbomb won't do anything for you right now.

Also if you don't already have preloader or a boot2 installation of bootmii get that ASAP. Preferably boot2 bootmii, and make a nand backup of your Wii at the moment. Under no circumstances should you have even touched system menu themes without having this first. If you didn't have them installed you are lucky it didn't cause a full brick.

After doing that I think you could just follow the offline guide from http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835 making sure you pick your correct region with the system menu this time.

Edit: If you already have HBC and have installed cIOS of some sort on it then you should be able to skip steps 4-8, A-B, and step 9. Just install rev10 over whatever cIOS you have and then do the other wad installations to get everything else installed properly. If you don't have any cIOS installed just follow the instructions of the guide.

13. arekku
    OP

Newcomer arekku Member

United States
    Would do EXCEPT I dont have wifi (Can't access settings menu to change to new router)
    What I NEED is a way to change my wifi settingw without system menu, then i could figure it out myself.
    (Anyregion into 3.xx)
    (Would that ^ remove channels?)

EDIT: Scrolled down... reading now >.>

14. arekku
    OP

Newcomer arekku Member

United States
    I...
    LOVE YOU.