Hardware [HELP] Wii black screen after turning on (probably bricked)

TheGaaks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I need some help, I have an old wii which I haven't used for a while, and I didn't have batteries for the wiimote, so I had no reason to play it, I would turn it on from time to time to see if it was still working and it was until recently, it would load up the warning screen and go to the menu after a while, I couldn't do anything on it of course.

But today I had some spare batteries that I bought for my wall clock and I put on my wiimote to try to see if it was working to sell it later, but well, it wasn't, it turned on, green light and all, but the screen is just black, I the eject button was working, and I ejected the wii sports copy and tried turning on again, but the screen flickered and just stayed black.

Needless to say, the wii is hacked. And it had not been more than 1 month since the last time I turned it on and it worked normally, what boggles me is that I have no idea what could've possibly bricked it, if it really is bricked.

I will try to give as much information as I can, but this wii was hacked by someone else when I was much younger, so I don't have much idea of what methods they used or everything that was installed there.

-The version of my wii was 4.3U
-I'm sure it had neogamma installed, homebrew channel and usb loader GX, but I could only use neogamma to launch games, I tried using usb loader before but it just didn't work
-I remember that the guys who hacked it for me said that I couldn't launch games from the disc or something like that, and that I had to use neogamma to launch the disc, but it wouldn't work with pirated discs either, only original ones, since wii sports was the only original game I had I only played that by disc, the rest was played from a USB drive
-I don't know if it had priiloader/bootmii, but I wouldn't count on that since it was installed by a third party that probably weren't concerned with the security of my wii at all

And for how exactly I turned on today that the wii didn't work, I had removed my usb drive to put a new game on it, then a while after I turned the wii on without the usb drive connected, and had a wii sports cd inside it and it just showed a black screen, which at first a thought was a problem with the video cable, but I had to press down the power button for a while to turn it off, afterwards I turned it on, and tried removing the wii sports cd, which did work, but nothing changed, then I tried about everything that I could with connecting and disconnecting things, and even left it without anything connected for about half an hour and tried turning it on again, to no avail.

My question is, is there anything I could do to unbrick it? Is it for sure that it's bricked? I searched for some methods, but they all involved turning it on with a gamecube controller, and I do not own a GC controller, and they cost a small fortune in my country, so buying a GC controller now is a bit out of my reach, also it was so long since I last connected my wiimote to the wii that it is unsyced right now, I tried syncing it but it didn't work, all I really have that is part of the unbricking process is a 2GB normal SD card.

So, what are my options right now? Will I just have to sit with the bricked wii and not be able to do anything? Will I just have to sell it as bricked to someone? I'm not afraid of opening it and working with it if that would help in any way.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm in a bit of a loss here, thanks in advance for anyone that would like to help.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it power on if you press the Power button on the Wii Remote, or just on the system itself? If it won't turn on with the Wii Remote, it might be a broken Bluetooth card, which is easy enough to replace once you have the part.

TheGaaks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does it power on if you press the Power button on the Wii Remote, or just on the system itself? If it won't turn on with the Wii Remote, it might be a broken Bluetooth card, which is easy enough to replace once you have the part.

As I said, the wiimote isn't even synced with the wii, so it shouldn't be able to turn it on, but I still gave it a try, and well, it didn't turn it on, I tried turning it off with the wiimote and it didn't work either, was it supposed to be able to turn the wii on even if the wiimote isn't synced?

I think the problem isn't with the wiimote either, I just tried using an wiimote android app and it synced.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Wii Remote isn't synced, then it wouldn't work to turn the system on anyway.

I'd recommend at least reseating the Bluetooth adapter (that is, removing and reinstalling). There's some guides on YouTube for doing this.

TheGaaks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If the Wii Remote isn't synced, then it wouldn't work to turn the system on anyway.

I'd recommend at least reseating the Bluetooth adapter (that is, removing and reinstalling). There's some guides on YouTube for doing this.

I will try that later when I have free time for sure, but what exactly does that have to do with the problem exactly, I can turn the wii on by just pressing the button on the console, could the bluetooth adapter be the cause of the black screen? Or is the wiimote supposed to sync with the wii even though the system isn't technically "on", and I can do something about the wii when it's synced? It'd be really helpful if you could explain me that part, since I don't know a whole about how the wii works.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii will not boot if the Bluetooth adapter isn't functioning.

Wii Remote can only be synced to the system if the system's on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...