[Help] Wierd Wii U Gamepad Stuff Happening

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by RyanAnayaMc, Jun 1, 2017.

1. RyanAnayaMc
    OP

RyanAnayaMc GBAtemp Regular

Oct 5, 2015
    United States
    So I downloaded a self-hosting browser exploit package and got it working. When testing, I tried one of the PHP payloads included with it (a Mocha CFW one for 5.5.1, and I did get Mocha working before via loadiine.ovh). It displayed a webpage with a bunch of characters, but didn't do much else. I pressed Home and tried going back to the Home Menu. Then wierd stuff began to happen with the gamepad, so I rebooted. On the Gamepad's quickstart guide, nothing happens. It shows up, but tapping/pressing stuff does nothing. Then I used a Wii U Pro controller to sign in. That works. On the actual Home Menu, everything works with the pro controller. Also, when the Mii plaza thing is on the Gamepad, all controls (except the touch screen) work. But with the actual menu part on the gamepad, nothing works. In the web browser, the buttons work, but not touch. The touch screen does not seem to do anything at all as of now.
    And also, this stuff happened before booting into Mocha.
    Did I somehow brick the gamepad or something?
    Anyone have a possible solution?

2. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Erm, If that PHP exploit even could screw up gamepad's firmware...
    Unscrew your gamepad and check if digitizer is connected. If it's not, reconnect it.
    For unknown reasons, that one thing loves to unplug itself.

3. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    ..... you might want to elaborate on what that is... maybe a picture would help.

4. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    I don't have a Tri-Wing screwdriver anywhere and nothing to make a picture of it.

5. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    Have you tried re-calibrating the gamepad?
    1. Press the POWER button on the Wii U GamePad to turn on the console.
    2. Allow the control sticks to return to a neutral untouched position.
    3. Simultaneously hold down the A Button, B Button, + Button, and - Button for at least 3 seconds. There will be no indication when the recalibration is complete. Settings.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo...s)-to-a-neutral-position-on-the-wii-u-gamepad

6. RyanAnayaMc
    OP

Oct 5, 2015
    United States
    I dunno how, but it started working again. Not exactly sure how, but here's what happened.

I had my Wii U in my backpack since we did nothing at school for the last day. I was booting up Smash, and the gamepad was working 100%, as if it was good as new. Maybe the digitizer thing reconnected on its own in my backpack? Anyways, problem solved and this thread can be closed.

7. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    Have you tried using your Wii U since you were at school?

At least you know it works outside of your house, but the problem could come up again.

8. RyanAnayaMc
    OP

Oct 5, 2015
    United States
    I'm at home now and everything is still working.

H1B1Esquire likes this.