Gaming [Help] Which PS2 Adapter for the Pc is the best?

TodayiSawMyHeroF

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, im looking for an adapter for the PS2 controller so i can play games using my PS2 controller on my computer.

I was wondering if anyone knows a site they can recommend me that sells cheap, trustworthy, and good adapters for the PS2.

Its PS2 controller ---> Computer

so i can connect a ps2 controller to the computer

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little off topic, a PS3 controller will work with just a normal USB cable.

And if you have a bluetooth adapter, you can download some drivers and the PS3 controller will work wirelessly with your PC.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For the record ANY PS2 controller to PS3 Adapter will work with the PC they are basically the same thing!

A PS2 Socket on one end and a USB connector on the other
smile.gif

I bought one to be able to connect PS2 controllers including Steering wheels etc to my PS3 from Amazon it cost me about £5 ($7.98) including postage
smile.gif

Works just fine with my PC!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devante said:
I tried it and my PC wont recognize any of the button presses on the controller
it see the controller and the lights on the controller are blinking, I tried pressing the PS button and holding it down and nothing happened

GeneralLeoFF

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
Devante said:
I tried it and my PC wont recognize any of the button presses on the controller
it see the controller and the lights on the controller are blinking, I tried pressing the PS button and holding it down and nothing happened

The PS3 controller is standard USB but has a different initialization method for some reason. Windows will see the controller and all available buttons but none of them will work until the controller is initialized by pressing the PS button.

These drivers will allow the PS button to work. Get the DX version.

http://www.geocities.jp/tamamy_ikesu/devicedriver.html

This driver can be a bit tricky to install. Windows will first install the controller as two devices. 'HID-compliant game controller' and 'USB Human Interface Device'. Let it do this. Just select the automatic option when/if it asks.

Now get in the device manager and look in Human Interface Devices.

Leave 'HID-complaint game controller' alone and install this driver over 'USB Human Interface Device'. If you have a USB mouse and/or keyboard they will probably also be listed as USB Human Interface Device so make sure you pick the correct one.

The page also has a driver to allow vibration. To get vibration working just right click on the dualshock3ff.inf file and pick install.

Tilt is not working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==