Help w/ HBC (vWII)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by mesher, Sep 23, 2019.

1. mesher
    OP

mesher Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2019
    United States
    So i modded my vwii, and i installed mkwii ctgp. and i was poking around to find a fixer for the aspect ratio problem with the hbc, when i found a homebrew channel forwarder that launched in widescreen. since i figured i didn't need 2 homebrew channels, i uninstalled the old one. but the widescreen one wouldn't work anymore so i tried to install wuphax again, but since i installed ctgp it just installs that again. so i need to get the homebrew channel again but i can't figure out how, this is my problem. please help!

note: the hbc is still there in some form, because i can still launch emulators from their forwarders.

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    And so? A forwarder is just an homebrew whose main/only functionality is to run another program (typically from SD/USB but could be an installed title as in the case of this "widescreen fix"), no HBC required :)

To properly solve your HBC issue you could have installed the HBC 1.1.3 wad, which has an actual fix instead of a questionable workaround;
    (you can use Teconmoon's injector to convert Some Yawmm Mod to an enhanced vwii title, install and run it to install the HBC 1.1.3)

wuphax just runs whatever boot.elf you have in the root of the SD

3. mesher
    OP

mesher Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2019
    United States
    so if i replace the ctgp boot.elf with a hbc boot.elf will it install hbc?

4. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    Yup! Should work!

5. mesher
    OP

mesher Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2019
    United States
    just did that its working now thank you two