Help using TCPGecko and/or JGeckoU

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Retroboy, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Retroboy
    OP

Retroboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 28, 2015
    Hi,

Ive been reading up on guides here (with some success) and YouTube videos with no success.

I am trying to find out how to get TCPGecko or JGeckoU to work so I can make and apply cheats.

No matter what ive tried I cant get TCPGecko to work.

I boot the Kexploit from loadiine which prompts me to re open the browser to run the Gecko exploit, I can see my Wii U Ip address and press A to install, it then says it was installed and returns me to my Wii U Menu.

I then boot a game thats installed to my USB HDD, wait for the game to boot to its menu (or even in game) and try to connect using Gecko but it fails to connect.

I followed a guide on here for JGeckoU which i can boot and able to connect to the Wii U (but some games wont connect) so for Wind Waker HD which i can connect to, I download the cheat list and when i tick the codes i want and click send nothing seems to happen.

I have also tried Mario Kart8, nothing happens when i try send codes, Super Mario 3D world - same.

Twilight Princess, the app refuses to connect to the wii u when playing this game

I am doing something wrong, any help would be appreciated, also is there any tools to create codes for the Wii/GC in vWii mode.

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Nothing like that exists for vWii, the closest thing is USB Gecko but that only works on Wiis with GC ports...
    However you can use Dolphin for it if you have a half decent computer.

3. Retroboy
    OP

Retroboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 28, 2015
    yea i thought so, i have dolphin but some games run slow on my crappy laptop.

i was wishing it was possible because my wii u does it all, so i can pack my wii and gamecube away.

4. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Have you had any luck with the elf versions? The Webexploits are old.

5. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Use .elf version with Cosmo's codehandler and freeze your game if you don't want values to change too much. Then apply code and resume your game.

Kafluke likes this.