Hacking Help using M2 memory stick on the PSP Go

hubadub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, though I may seem like a noob here, but I had to re-register since I lost my old account details I use to go by here back when I was really into the Wii scene. So I'm actually pretty competent in things and I only really ask questions if searching didn't give me any answers.

Anyways, I recently got a new PSP Go and I absolutely love it! It's on 6.20 PRO B9 with the permanent patch and I am having a ball playing old PS1 classics and recent ISOs on it. I also have Game Categories Lite 1.4 on it too to keep all the homebrew and games organized.

So wanting more, I ordered a 16GB M2 memory card for it so I can have more space for music, games, and such. So here are my questions:

How will I able to load ISOs/PSX/homebrew from it?

Should I make a similar directory/structure to that of the Go's internal memory so I can load them? Like making new folders for PSP/GAME, ISO, MUSIC, and such?

Can I have my emulators in the internal memory while having their ROMs on the memory card?

Will Game Categories work on it, and should I have another SEPLUGINS folder put into it too as well? Or should I just keep the one I have in the internal memory?

I'd try to tinker and figure it out myself, but the card hasn't arrived yet so I thought to ask in advance. I'm actually pretty baffled on how to work this out, so sorry if my questions are like basic algebra.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just put it in your PSP GO and format it, it'll create all the folders for you....maybe except for the ISO folder
unsure.gif

you can put anything you want in it, just like you do with your internal memory, it'll show up in your xmb as external memory
your folders will not merge, for example if you have a game folder in your internal memory and a game folder in your memory card, than you will have 2 game folder.

hubadub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks so much!!
bow.gif
I'll try that out once it gets here. Which I'm sure, once formatted, I'll be able to figure the rest out myself.

How about Game Categories though? Should I put that in there or just keep it in the internal? I'm already assuming that it'll work for the card regardless though, but I'm not sure.

And I'm taking a guess now after taking a closer look at my folders that ROMs can't be loaded from the memory card and can only be loaded from the ROM folder attached to the emulator. Am I correct?

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm no longer using game categories 1.4, I switched to game categories lite 1.5 MS.
But yes it'll work if you just keep it in the internal memory
QUOTE said:
And I'm taking a guess now after taking a closer look at my folders that ROMs can't be loaded from the memory card and can only be loaded from the ROM folder attached to the emulator. Am I correct?
correct

hubadub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
I'm no longer using game categories 1.4, I switched to game categories lite 1.5 MS.
But yes it'll work if you just keep it in the internal memory
QUOTE said:
correct

Awesome, thank you so much for the help!!
bow.gif
bow.gif

And cool, I'll check out 1.5, thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1