Homebrew help using lameboy on ds

gary2010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iv just put lameboy on my ds it loads up and finds the roms but when i try to play them it goes on the loading screen then goes back to the list of games on the log it says unknown mbc type od whats does this mean anyone know?

gary2010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they were from ---LINK REMOVED--- i had to change the .7z on the end of the name to .gb or .gbc to get the lameboy to find the games then when i try to load them the loading bar would go up then it would go back to the page with the roms listed

Justin1k43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you change it to ".gb or .gbc"?
Are you playing a regular NDS game or a GameBoy game?
Because if you're trying to play a NDS game, it has to be a .nds file.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
.7z extensions mean that they're zipped files. Download 7-zip and after installing it on your computer you can open the archive. There you'll find the .gb\.gbc files you need.

gary2010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant unzip them i think they are alredy unziped...when i right click it it says my winziplocker i think that means it can be zipped which i dont want to do

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
gary2010 said:
i cant unzip them i think they are alredy unziped...when i right click it it says my winziplocker i think that means it can be zipped which i dont want to do
Once you've installed 7 zip (and changed your files back to *filename*.7z) you right click on the file and do the following:
Untitled.jpg

Or you can click on "Open Archive". That might be a better option since you might have multiple files in your zip file.

gary2010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks people yous have fixed it i got 7z and it worked i thought id alredy had 7 zip but my winziploker isnt it lol thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat