Help using GBA Exploader 0.58b

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by nesis, Mar 16, 2009.

Mar 16, 2009

Help using GBA Exploader 0.58b by nesis at 8:19 PM (1,811 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. nesis
    OP

Newcomer nesis Newbie

United States
    I've got it running, but I'm not sure how entirely how to use it.

1. I'm not sure which save files are which. When Exploader starts up, it asks me to write sram to a sav file. I don't know what the difference is whether I do or don't.

2. What is the difference between PSRam mode and NOR mode?

3. Is there any way to exit back to the Exploader menu after you've started a game?

2. themario

Newcomer themario Member

United States
    1. I just choose yes, works and loads my saves everytime, idk about the other option
    2. PSRAM writes the gba rom to your slot 2 device, so you can use it as a standalone cart, NOR loads the game on the slot 1 and plays the game on the slot 2, loading takes a few secs though.
    3. No

3. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    you messed up on #2.

PSRAM is like the RAM in your computer, you have to load it all the time to use it. turn the power off and everything gets erased. Good for games where you plan to play every once in a while or want to play a quick game of only.

NOR is like the hard drive, you only need to write it once and you can use it over and over. turn off the power and it will still be there when you turn it back on. Good for games where you plan to have long hours of play, games like pokemon or prg types that take more than a few hours.

Your save is stored in an area called SRAM, not the same space as PSRAM.