Help Updating Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by agn015, Sep 9, 2009.

Sep 9, 2009

Help Updating Wii by agn015 at 3:39 AM (572 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. agn015
    OP

Newcomer agn015 Member

United States
    Hey guys, a while back I was on top of my game and had my Wii up and running on 3.3U with the BackupLoader and some other things. I was wondering if anyone knows what the best way would be for me to get my Wii to the newest firmware? I don't care if I lose everything, I just want the most reliable way. I found two tutorials on here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835 and http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890 The first one says to downgrade so that one sounds like it could be better. Also I forget how to check what IOS's I have custom and updated, if thats even an issue. Either way I really appreciate any insight. Thanks.

2. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Downgrading is NOT better to do, and should not really be done in any case anymore. You can read through the guide in my sig and after reading you should be able to understand what you would need to use to update your system.

You most likely don't need to use the trucha bug restorer anymore because I assume you have a cIOS. (which has the trucha bug already)

You don't need to use bannerbomb because you likely have the HBC already so you can run the boot.elf of the hackmii installer through that like any other app.

You can uninstall your old backup loader preferably by using the wad you used to install it with wad manager.

Other than that you pretty much can just do everything else listed in my guide.

Install bootmii to boot2 if you can while updating the HBC, update your cIOS, update your system with Waninkoko's udpaters/dop-IOS, do any cMIOS patching if you so choose, install NeoGamma R7/a USB loader, install preloader if you so choose. (definitely if you can't do a boot2 install of bootmii.)

3. agn015
    OP

Newcomer agn015 Member

United States
    Thanks! Now I've got bootmii installed as well as all the updates and the new backup loader!

4. Carpediem2009

Newcomer Carpediem2009 Member

United States
    Follow Nabsters Guide. He was VERY HELPFUL. I to was on 3.3U and did a WII update to 4.1U I lost nothing, But I did add Bootmii to Boot 2 and did add the new homebrew channel from the hackmii files. Its was easy to do after I got some help from great ppl like Nabster and a few others.