[help] Updating N3DS sysnand with mset installed

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Asterakin, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Asterakin
    OP

Asterakin Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2015
    France
    Chamalières
    Hi,

I have a N3DS with 9.0.0-20 EUR firmware installed with MSET for accessing the gateway menu. As I order a Sky3ds+ and as I also have a O3DS with 4.5 I will use it with my gateway and use the sky with the N3DS.

I would like to know if it is possible to update the sysnand by the common process (parameters> update...etc) without any risk to brick the console and by the same trime recover the corresponding console parameters.

I search on the forum but I was unable to find the answer...

I also try to format the console but it didn't change anything

I thank you by advance for your help and apologize for my bad english (I'm french)

Good New Year !

2. artur3004

artur3004 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 31, 2015
    Gambia, The
    The other question is: why do you want to update? only =<9.2.0-x allows full system control.
    Why don't you use emunand, then update to 9.5 (highest compatible emunand fw for n3ds), then update eshop titles then you are good to go

Last edited by artur3004, Jan 2, 2016
  3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Why even use the o3DS anymore? Why not use the n3DS for everything and do what the above poster said. You can access eShop and do everything on the n3DS so there's not much reason to keep using the o3DS. It'd just be a waste as hackable n3DSes are getting rare. You could probably sell the n3DS marking it as 9.0 and buy a new one and still have money left over.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Jan 2, 2016
    Ammako likes this.
  4. Asterakin
    OP

Asterakin Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2015
    France
    Chamalières
    I order a sky3ds and i will use it with the new3ds, but for all the other thing, i will use the old3ds.

5. artur3004

artur3004 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 31, 2015
    Gambia, The
    my french neighbour, you can do everything on a x3ds without a flashcard as long you stay below fw 9.3 - a sky3ds can't homebrew at all - only .3ds/3dz game execution.

6. Asterakin
    OP

Asterakin Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2015
    France
    Chamalières
    The question is not, why i want to do this, but can I do this ;)

7. artur3004

artur3004 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 31, 2015
    Gambia, The
    A avarage joy, who only wants to play rom backups is driving better with emunand and cia's - that costs you nothing! no need to buy sky3ds if you are on fw =<9.2. gateway has some benefits (e.g. real time cheating) but that's all!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

well if you really want to leave master race FW, then just update - nothing will happen except you get fw 10.3. downgraded mset will be upgraded normally

Ammako likes this.
  8. Asterakin
    OP

Asterakin Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2015
    France
    Chamalières
    Thanks for the answer, I understand that you don't understand why i want to do this... i will thinbk about it before updating.

9. artur3004

artur3004 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 31, 2015
    Gambia, The
    you can still use eshop and your sky3ds without updating sysnand- but (for now) an sysnand update is non reversible

Ammako likes this.
  10. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    If you do decide to update, make a NAND backup and keep it safe, that way if you ever change your mind, you can restore it with a NAND mod.