Hacking [help] Updating N3DS sysnand with mset installed

Asterakin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I have a N3DS with 9.0.0-20 EUR firmware installed with MSET for accessing the gateway menu. As I order a Sky3ds+ and as I also have a O3DS with 4.5 I will use it with my gateway and use the sky with the N3DS.

I would like to know if it is possible to update the sysnand by the common process (parameters> update...etc) without any risk to brick the console and by the same trime recover the corresponding console parameters.

I search on the forum but I was unable to find the answer...

I also try to format the console but it didn't change anything

I thank you by advance for your help and apologize for my bad english (I'm french)

Good New Year !

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The other question is: why do you want to update? only =<9.2.0-x allows full system control.
Why don't you use emunand, then update to 9.5 (highest compatible emunand fw for n3ds), then update eshop titles then you are good to go

Last edited by artur3004,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi,

I have a N3DS with 9.0.0-20 EUR firmware installed with MSET for accessing the gateway menu. As I order a Sky3ds+ and as I also have a O3DS with 4.5 I will use it with my gateway and use the sky with the N3DS.

I would like to know if it is possible to update the sysnand by the common process (parameters> update...etc) without any risk to brick the console and by the same trime recover the corresponding console parameters.

I search on the forum but I was unable to find the answer...

I also try to format the console but it didn't change anything

I thank you by advance for your help and apologize for my bad english (I'm french)

Good New Year !
Why even use the o3DS anymore? Why not use the n3DS for everything and do what the above poster said. You can access eShop and do everything on the n3DS so there's not much reason to keep using the o3DS. It'd just be a waste as hackable n3DSes are getting rare. You could probably sell the n3DS marking it as 9.0 and buy a new one and still have money left over.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Deleted-236924

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
my french neighbour, you can do everything on a x3ds without a flashcard as long you stay below fw 9.3 - a sky3ds can't homebrew at all - only .3ds/3dz game execution.

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A avarage joy, who only wants to play rom backups is driving better with emunand and cia's - that costs you nothing! no need to buy sky3ds if you are on fw =<9.2. gateway has some benefits (e.g. real time cheating) but that's all!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well if you really want to leave master race FW, then just update - nothing will happen except you get fw 10.3. downgraded mset will be upgraded normally

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse