Hacking Help updating my Wii.

Kekkon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3.2 US Wii, I currently have quite a bit of things installed, like backup disc/hdd launchers.
I want to update so I can play wiiware/virtual console games from my SD card without losing what I can currently do (so I guess I don't want to lose trucha?)
What do I need to do this?

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There have been a lot of new upgraded apps since 3.2. You'd likely be better off having a look at one of the newer guides with the new stuff.

Grabbing a Nintendo update would likely be easiest. Then just follow the guide in my sig to get everything working again.

Kekkon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gah, this is too confusing!
screw it I don't need to boot from the sd card, the only reason I wanted to do that is because I keep getting errors when trying to install wads.

So my new question is, what is the latest wad installer/uninstaller, and would my current cios have anything to do with my problem?
The one I'm using is the one that was needed in order to boot wii games from a SDHC card, alot of people complained that it was glitchy.
So I may need to update that, if so how can I do it without a internet connection on my wii?

jazvdb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok wait, what EXACTLY are the errors on your wad installation?
and getting the latest wad installer sometimes don't really help..

I've been stuck on Waninkoko's WAD manager 1.4, and haven't got any problems....

(Hmm, just a guess here... Is the error -2011?)
(Search Trucha Bug)

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kekkon said:
Gah, this is too confusing!
Dude are you joking? The guide in my sig will all but hold your hand in the process of hacking your Wii. If you can't follow the simple steps, then you probably shouldn't be hacking your Wii anyway.

Kekkon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The majority of those steps don't help me one bit. The only thing there that I may NOT already have is the new cios, and it doesn't say anything about updating the firmware itself.
I need to know what is different in the new firmware and what (if anything) is needed to fix it so I can still run my backups and wads no problems, and seeing as how I can't even do that with no problems right now I need more details before I start updating crap.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do a Nintendo update, then follow the guide from step 1. Simple as that.

No point at all in trying to keep the outdated hacks you already have. Go through the guide from step 1 and you will have all of the most up to date hacks on your Wii.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kekkon said:
The majority of those steps don't help me one bit. The only thing there that I may NOT already have is the new cios, and it doesn't say anything about updating the firmware itself.
I need to know what is different in the new firmware and what (if anything) is needed to fix it so I can still run my backups and wads no problems, and seeing as how I can't even do that with no problems right now I need more details before I start updating crap.
that guide or mine should solve any of your wad manager problems. if you dont want to follow them, then get used to your problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...