Hacking help unbricking new 3dsxl wih ntrboot

Derpncheez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking that as well, but I've reread the 3ds guide instructions and yours countless times. I feel like I have a good grasp on what I should be doing, but I guess that's not the case. :/

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I'm thinking that as well, but I've reread the 3ds guide instructions and yours countless times. I feel like I have a good grasp on what I should be doing, but I guess that's not the case. :/
Its just weird you cant boot into it. Are you constantly holding START+SELECT+X+POWER? (you should hold power as long as all other buttons)

Derpncheez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its just weird you cant boot into it. Are you constantly holding START+SELECT+X+POWER? (you should hold power as long as all other buttons)

Yep, all of that and keeping the magnet next to the system while releasing them after a few seconds. I've even varied the length of holding them from a few seconds to at least 10 seconds or so before letting go, but still no dice.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Yep, all of that and keeping the magnet next to the system while releasing them after a few seconds. I've even varied the length of holding them from a few seconds to at least 10 seconds or so before letting go, but still no dice.
And where do you put your magnet? put it where should speaker go when it is folded (or in centre of buttons). Pictures would be appreciated once again.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Derpncheez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a video to show the magnet I'm using that seems to work best. It goes into sleep mode relatively easy with it. http://tinypic.com/r/2j69xyd/9

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think I might have gotten a little bit farther. I was able to boot into B9S Manager on the working unhacked 3DS, but couldn't on the borked system.

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I'm trying to get it started with Safeboot9installer, but can't get it to boot again. :/

Keep trying you will get it, but once your loaded just flash it

That's why I keep Godmode9 on my card saves issues, even unmount the SD card if you need to swap out files

Derpncheez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to use B9S Manager to facilitate the installation? Since I can't get either Safeboot9installer or Godmode9 to launch on the borked 3ds :(

Derpncheez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so. Keep trying you will eventually get it

Is it just very finicky to get right on bricked systems? I've probably tried several dozen times, but still nothing. I also know for sure now that I have the cart setup correctly, since I'm able to get B9S installer going on the unhacked system

Last edited by Derpncheez,

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Is it possible to use B9S Manager to facilitate the installation? Since I can't get either Safeboot9installer or Godmode9 to launch on the borked 3ds :(
Just put payloads to root or in payloads folder and they should come up in B9SManager.
then you can launch any of them.
Here is more info about that manager: https://github.com/kasai07/boot9strap-Manager/releases
Or reflash your card with a different firm and try it again. You made it work so there is still hope :D

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Derpncheez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just put payloads to root or in payloads folder and they should come up in B9SManager.
they you can launch any of them.

I think booting into B9SManager was a fluke. I've since tried SafeBoot9Installer, Godmode9, and B9SManager flashed to the cart the correct way, and with several dozen tries each and it just keeps turning itself off. Idk, I think hardmodding it would save me some headache, since this clearly isn't working. :P

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I think booting into B9SManager was a fluke. I've since tried SafeBoot9Installer, Godmode9, and B9SManager flashed to the cart the correct way, and with several dozen tries each and it just keeps turning itself off. Idk, I think hardmodding it would save me some headache, since this clearly isn't working. :P
But it worked at least once :) . I would still try it. And probably try different magnet and put it in centre of the buttons. Who knows. N3DSXL might just have a weird sensor that has a smaller radius? (probably not but still, you should try it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==