Help to detect original ds cartridges

BenjaMV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi everyone I need your help to verify if some of the Nintendo ds cartridges are original.
First thing is that I wanted to backup my cartridges to play them in emulator. first I created a backup of my Pokémon white 2 and only 2 files appear. (game.nds and game.trim.nds as in the video tutorial I found) when I made a backup of my Pokémon pearl 4 files appeared (game.save and a .bin file plus the 2 I mentioned above) these 2 extra files are in other cartridges I have and not in my copy of Pokémon white and white 2. I will attach images of the extra files that appear to me.

if anyone can help me to know if those extra files are because the cartridges are fake.

to do this you need a 3ds console with cfw and have godmode9.

thanks in advance

sorry for my english i use translator

Attachments

• IMG_1004.png
    IMG_1004.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1005.png
    IMG_1005.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 83

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There aren't many bootlegs for DS. Mostly cheap flashcarts with tape above the micro SD. Advertised as "435 in 1" games.

I can confirm that SAV file does not appear on GodMode9 for Pokémon Black/White 2.
=======

Press (L)+(R) in GodMode9 to store a screenshot on the SD. Gives much better and smaller files than taking a picture with a camera/phone.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you joking? Fake DS games are widely available on eBay. You need pictures of the front and back of the cart in order to tell if it's genuine, although fakes get better over time.
Most fakes I've seen are cheap flashcarts, labeled "multi in 1".
You can set some flashcart kernels to autoboot a title as well. Put a Mario Kart DS sticker on it → Congratulations, you built a DS bootleg.

Maybe the number of "reproduction carts" as the professional pirates call their garbage grade game bootlegs has increased. I have to admit that I don't actively follow this topic (no interest).
==========

It is not important for the initial question. GodMode9 does not show a save file on my legit Pokemon B/W 2, this part is true.
@BenjaMV Verify if infrared communication on your game works, as well as the DSi enhanced functions on DSi or 2|3DS. Please upload a good pictures of the game cart, like mentioned above.

Reactions: vampire_mecha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night