Hacking HELP - Switch Bricked after Updating to 9.0.1?

itsharman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my Switch to 9.0.1 through ChoidujourNX, but when I tried restarting I kept getting a black screen after the initial CFW (Atmosphere/Kosmos) boot logos. I thought I bricked my switch, but luckily I had a backup of my rawnand.bin and BOOT0/BOOT1 files from firmware 5.1.0.

What's strange is that even after restoring my nand and BOOT0/BOOT1, I still get a black screen when I try to launch my Switch, either through CFW or stock mode. I had a custom theme/lockscreen activated when I updated my Switch, but deleting the folders inside my titles folders doesn't fix the problem.

I had originally updated from 5.1.0 to some 6.0 firmware through ChoidujourNX a couple months back, so I didn't burn any fuses. Hekate shows that I only have 6 fuses burnt. One thing I messed up is that I had updated to the normal version of 9.0.1 (not the exFat version) even though my SD card was formatted as exFat. Is this the problem?

When I click Launch -> CFW (SYSNAND) on Hekate v5.0.2, the Switch just reboots back to the hekate menu. Stock (SYSNAND) does the same thing.

What am I doing wrong here? Why won't my Switch work after restoring the nand? Is my Switch perma-bricked? Would appreciate any help that you guys can provide. Thank you!

Last edited by itsharman,

Marv

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Are You 100% sure Switch battery is charged? Try sending payload, disconnect usb, and then connect charger. Do it very fast.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD