HELP - Switch Bricked after Updating to 9.0.1?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by itsharman, Nov 9, 2019 at 3:00 AM.

1. itsharman
    OP

itsharman Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2018
    United States
    I updated my Switch to 9.0.1 through ChoidujourNX, but when I tried restarting I kept getting a black screen after the initial CFW (Atmosphere/Kosmos) boot logos. I thought I bricked my switch, but luckily I had a backup of my rawnand.bin and BOOT0/BOOT1 files from firmware 5.1.0.

What's strange is that even after restoring my nand and BOOT0/BOOT1, I still get a black screen when I try to launch my Switch, either through CFW or stock mode. I had a custom theme/lockscreen activated when I updated my Switch, but deleting the folders inside my titles folders doesn't fix the problem.

I had originally updated from 5.1.0 to some 6.0 firmware through ChoidujourNX a couple months back, so I didn't burn any fuses. Hekate shows that I only have 6 fuses burnt. One thing I messed up is that I had updated to the normal version of 9.0.1 (not the exFat version) even though my SD card was formatted as exFat. Is this the problem?

When I click Launch -> CFW (SYSNAND) on Hekate v5.0.2, the Switch just reboots back to the hekate menu. Stock (SYSNAND) does the same thing.

What am I doing wrong here? Why won't my Switch work after restoring the nand? Is my Switch perma-bricked? Would appreciate any help that you guys can provide. Thank you!

Last edited by itsharman, Nov 9, 2019 at 3:21 AM
  2. lolz5521

lolz5521 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2015
    Indonesia
    what is your atmosphere version?

3. itsharman
    OP

itsharman Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2018
    United States
    I've updated to the latest version as of November 4th (forget which exact version that would be).

Just updated to the latest SDSetup files but still have the same issue.

Last edited by itsharman, Nov 9, 2019 at 3:32 AM
  4. lolz5521

lolz5521 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2015
    Indonesia
    try format your sd card to fat32, and also try send fusee primary payload.

5. itsharman
    OP

itsharman Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2018
    United States
    I tried that but I still get a black screen

6. Marv

Marv Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2007
    Poland
    Are You 100% sure Switch battery is charged? Try sending payload, disconnect usb, and then connect charger. Do it very fast.

7. itsharman
    OP

itsharman Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2018
    United States
    It's charged for sure since I can get into Hekate

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted